SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
dsdavis
dsdavis is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Can I use my ES3 without pairing with the phone app?

I posted another thread here detailing how I have been unable to pair my new (refurbished) ES3 kick scooter with the iPhone app, due to being prompted for a password which I do not know (I have a support request sent to Segway about this).

I assumed that I would not be able to use the scooter without first pairing it, but in searching this forum for a solution to my password issue, I see people saying you don't have to use the app in order to use the scooter. So am I correct that I can use it without ever having paired it with a phone? In order to try resetting the password, I pushed down on the accelerator paddle/lever and the brake paddle/lever and at the same time pressed the power button. I didn't feel any motion on the scooter when I pressed the accelerator, so I took that as a sign that it was inoperable without the password in the app, but just now remembered the fact that the power doesn't kick in unless you've first pushed with your foot a bit in order to get the scooter moving.

So *can* I use the scooter without ever having paired it with the phone app?

Thanks!

Doug
dsdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
9botrider
9botrider is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Yes, my scooter goes without pairing. Anyone can just hop on it and scoot away. Im wondering if there’s a default lock when paired even of the Bluetooth disconnects.
9botrider is offline   Reply With Quote