SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Wink Playing the Theremin with a Hands Free Segway

I posted this mostly for the quirky novelty of it, as I've never actually SEEN this done anywhere before. But folks joke with me about combing these interests of mine once in a while, so I thought, why not?

If it errors, just click on the black area and it will open the clip at youTube, directly. Or you can do a search based on "HandsFree Segway Theremin".

I hope you'll forgive my less than perfect performance, but keep in mind that standing on a moving metal platform while doing this, makes it even more challenging than normal.

Happy Holidays and Safe Gliding to all!

Last edited by SEGsby; 04-22-2009 at 11:14 PM..
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Segsby,

Go to your YouTube setting and make it so the video will play embedded!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Wow, combining two things I've never seen in real life, but would certainly like to play with -- a real Moog theremin, and a hands-free i2!

And as for the "poor quality" of your performance -- well, you played better on your i2 than most theremin performances I've heard!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

The concern I have with embedding, are sites like Gizmodo using it to promote h8-blogging any creative use having to do with segways. And nothing gets people more angry than Lazy Thereminists.

If you keep clicking on the video here, it still takes you directly to the youTube site. Other forums just parse the URL as a text link, so there isn't any problem on those sites...

Also, the New Years Day Glide video was updated under mp4 codec, and has been replaced at youTube SD/HD specs for a much improved quality to both picture and sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
Segsby,

Go to your YouTube setting and make it so the video will play embedded!
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
The concern I have with embedding, are sites like Gizmodo using it to promote h8-blogging any creative use having to do with segways. And nothing gets people more angry than Lazy Thereminists.
It took me a bit to get your reasoning -- so I'll explain in case anyone is similarly dense...

By disabling embedding, you hope you are deterring Gizmodo from using your video to further their h8mongering.

Of course, you won't know if it works, vs being ignored -- but even if it doesn't work, and they link anyway, you've reduced the value to them.

As much as I like the feature of embedding the video, I quite agree with your aim. And I do consider Gizmodo to be h8mongers. Quite despicable. Although I suspect their motivation is more along the lines of bully than bigot. ("Because I can pick on them and they can't fight back", rather than a twisted belief system. Both involve a twisted system of morals!)

Suggestion: Go to tinyurl.com and create a tiny url to link to it, and post that, instead of the direct link. That should give you a link to click through to.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Great work here. I like the vocal sound of your theremin. Also your silly shirt. And also, the video played fine for me here on segwaychat, but I wish it didn't so that I could enjoy it in HD.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Also your silly shirt.
Silly shirt?!? Are you kidding me? Don't you know that's the most dangerous shirt in the galaxy?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
Silly shirt?!? Are you kidding me? Don't you know that's the most dangerous shirt in the galaxy?
I always figured it was a deliberate, cold-hearted strategy, dressing up your expendables in red shirts. I figure aliens with bad tempers probably evolved around red dwarfs, and their visual systems peak around that color. Probably a target pattern is included in infrared.

But the hat is silly.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 AM   #9
L3Research
L3Research is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default The word "Theramin" always remindered me of

a brand of vitamins...but I knew better after seeing (and listening to the soundtracks of) movies like the classic "Forbidden Planet".

Looks like we have a player for the sequel:

"Forbidden Segway" or "Kamen's Planet"

Cheers to all,

Jim

"Life's a balancing act"
L3Research is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
budsiskos
budsiskos is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

now just mount the thermin to your seg and play on the go.
budsiskos is offline   Reply With Quote