SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Cool Powerball highest score?

Hi all

Although the Powerball has a gyro, it would be a tedious link to place this in the Segway forum. So, in the "Off Topic" forum, I thought I'd post my highest score so far: 11314.

Does anyone have one? Can they recall their highest score or offer any tips?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
radharvey
radharvey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Talking (rude).................

(Quote) I'll probably give it a go though, just to see if my grip is up to the challenge, which, BTW, is something I'm exercising a lot recently.

.........(JOKE).......Is this what you were talking about in the above post on another thread? We all thought you're partner had left you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
radharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

My score is in the 17000's. Not that much higher than yours, but the key thing to remember is "tighter is faster." A good way to exercise with the powerball is to maintain a speed for a minute or so, then accelerate it up a bit and hold it at that speed for a minute, then accelerate again, etc.

Also, if you're going to top speed, try switching hands. I'm right handed but my top score was with my left hand. Have fun!
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

For those of us who are ignorant, and I may be the only one, what are you guys talking about?

Is that the RPM Max?

Is this considered an exercise, or a game, or both?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Sharkie
Sharkie will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Us older guys might remember this thing as a Dyna-Bee. It has been updated, and now has a display on it, but it's basically the same thing.

Jim
Old 02-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
radharvey
radharvey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Thumbs up ......

Try this link Karl,

http://www.powerballs.com/popup_akis.php

It is a fun exercise!

radharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
Us older guys might remember this thing as a Dyna-Bee. It has been updated, and now has a display on it, but it's basically the same thing.

Jim
yup, I had a "double Dyna-Bee" that resembled a dumbell. I believe it is by the same company, and they also sell it as Roller Ball & Dyna-Flex

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by radharvey View Post
this what you were talking about in the above post on another thread? We all thought you're partner had left you!
Ha ha! Yup, that is exactly what I meant. Clever of you to spot it. Us Brits eh? What a sense of humour we have?

Karl, they are a fun way to build up strength in the forearm, wrist and grip. Recommended training for owners of the tool-less height adjust knob!

Mine also lights itself up using the spinning force to power the lights. Very cool.

Hellphish, the world record is officially circa 16000! So 17000 is an amazing score. You should submit your figures. I'm half way up the ladies scoreboard right now!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

I probably don't remember it correctly then!! I know I wasn't that good. I will check when I get home because I remember it being 5 digits long and it had a 7 in there. Maybe closer to 11,700.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

is it just me, or did he look just a bit posessed?

I will get one and try it out, but I wonder what all that twitching and wiggling will do to our already nerdless image!

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote