SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
PigglyWiggly
PigglyWiggly is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Segway of Pacific Beach

We just purchased our used I2s from their fleet. In our travels and searches we have only come across Segway Tours. I thought it was great that this place rented them by the hour with a fantastic map of the area as well as gave tours. I would have loved this option when we were in San Francisco, that operation was tour only. Especially in Golden Gate Park it would have been nice to go out on our own.

The customer service we received from Joe, the owner, and witnessed from the whole staff while there for the tours and rentals was great! I would highly recommend them if you find your self in the San Diego area!
PigglyWiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
kriskris
kriskris is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Wow, its cool!
kriskris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
kriskris
kriskris is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

This was the first time I tried Segaway but must admit our tour guide is such a fabulous person. We booked for a small 1 hour open your but as we were the only ones who turned up it became a personalized tour. The tour price was very reasonable and they also put a GoPro on one of our helmets so we could record all the memories Would highly recommend the tour! I booked tour here www.eurosegway.eu
kriskris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #4
Mr. Protocol
Mr. Protocol is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default SF is probably tour-only

The bicycle lobby in San Francisco, which is the local 800-pound gorilla, shut down Segways as soon as they appeared there. You can't ride one in San Francisco. So, a tour is probably the only way to ride a Segway anywhere within reach of city ordinances.
Mr. Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:26 AM   #5
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Protocol View Post
The bicycle lobby in San Francisco, which is the local 800-pound gorilla, shut down Segways as soon as they appeared there. You can't ride one in San Francisco. So, a tour is probably the only way to ride a Segway anywhere within reach of city ordinances.
Last time I was in SF, I had the i2 with me and decided to try touring around a bit. I stayed off Market St., and had no problem (other than getting lost once). It's a fantastic way to see the city.
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote