SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:10 AM   #11
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Amy,
Thank you for responding so quickly.
I am trying to find someone that has actually ordered the batteries to give a review before I send $1000+ dollars to you for an unknown product that will not arrive to me for 3 months.
I will contact you in wechat as I am happy to do a review and post it here.
Thanks,
David
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #12
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Amy,
It appears that the Bluetooth phone app is android only?
Am I correct there is no iPhone version?
Thanks.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:15 PM   #13
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I tried all six links posted by Amy. The first two are for products, with a total of 14 purchases (as of today).

The second two were duplicates of the first two.

The last two were dead-ends; Aliexpress said it couldn't find the product.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:39 PM   #14
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Civicsman,
I agree. I am hoping you will buy a couple and report. ��

I may buy a set anyway. I am going to ask her for a review discount.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:12 AM   #15
bottleworks
bottleworks is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I am happy to see fully new production of these batteries. You can only rebuild so much with failing BMS boards.

Amy Yu, do you also sell only the BMS boards?
Old 03-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #16
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I am also happy to have a new supply for i167/i180/I2/X2 transporter parts.

I do wonder why a company took the time to design new products, purchase tooling, perform product testing, and set up an automated line... for replacement parts for discontinued products, which sold perhaps 140,000-150,000 units over 18-19 years. How many customers are looking for replacement batteries? I would like to understand YanYang's business model. Either the market is much larger than I think, or perhaps it's my failure to understand how inexpensive it must be to do such things in China.

However, I think it is wise to have one's technical ducks in a row if you are going to advertise on a site with Segway-knowledgeable people. Technical questions are certain to arise.
\
Regarding original BMS boards, is there a shortage? There are no new ones, I think, but every dead Segway battery has a BMS, and it is far more likely that the lithium-ion cell(s) failed, not the BMS.

If you have an original Segway battery with a bad BMS, would a third-party replacement board even work properly with the original lithium-ion cells, or with whatever unspecified replacement cells someone might choose?

Personally, knowing how much energy there is in a Segway battery, I would want to be VERY sure the BMS is doing the right thing.

Maybe MTO Battery could comment on these products!

Last edited by Civicsman; 03-24-2021 at 02:21 PM..
Old 03-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #17
bottleworks
bottleworks is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
I am also happy to have a new supply for i167/i180/I2/X2 transporter parts.

I do wonder why a company took the time to design new products, purchase tooling, perform product testing, and set up an automated line... for replacement parts for discontinued products, which sold perhaps 140,000-150,000 units over 18-19 years. How many customers are looking for replacement batteries? I would like to understand YanYang's business model. Either the market is much larger than I think, or perhaps it's my failure to understand how inexpensive it must be to do such things in China.

However, I think it is wise to have one's technical ducks in a row if you are going to advertise on a site with Segway-knowledgeable people. Technical questions are certain to arise.
\
Regarding original BMS boards, is there a shortage? There are no new ones, I think, but every dead Segway battery has a BMS, and it is far more likely that the lithium-ion cell(s) failed, not the BMS.

If you have an original Segway battery with a bad BMS, would a third-party replacement board even work properly with the original lithium-ion cells, or with whatever unspecified replacement cells someone might choose?

Personally, knowing how much energy there is in a Segway battery, I would want to be VERY sure the BMS is doing the right thing.

Maybe MTO Battery could comment on these products!
MTO isn't the only one! There's no need to be so negative.

If you have a battery which has leaked, then the BMS boards are going to fail post rebuilt or has already failed.
Core batteries with Rev AF or newer are now very hard to find. That's only a rule of thumb. If the batteries have leaked, then the death timer is running on that bms. If will fail. It will fail in such a manner to drain down all the cells and ruin them.

At this point, rebuilds are going to have a strong chance of needing cells and a BMS. It's nice to have an option.
Old 03-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #18
Civicsman

5 yr Member

Quote:
MTO isn't the only one!
I looked at all your posts. As far as I can tell, you have rebuilt 4 batteries, although you haven't put any information, or even the results, here. Maybe your experience is much more extensive, but that's certainly not obvious on SC.

On the other hand, MTO Battery (posting as MTOBATTERY) had a business rebuilding and reviving Seg batteries, and has posted hundreds of times about Seg batteries and technology. I KNOW he knows what he's talking about.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:38 PM   #19
Amy Yu
Amy Yu is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Guy View Post
Amy,
Thank you for responding so quickly.
I am trying to find someone that has actually ordered the batteries to give a review before I send $1000+ dollars to you for an unknown product that will not arrive to me for 3 months.
I will contact you in wechat as I am happy to do a review and post it here.
Thanks,
David
Hello David,
You can add my WeChat: +86 18073150162
Our APP currently only supports Android phones, but the IOS system is already under development. It will be available soon.
Best regards, Amy
Amy Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:40 PM   #20
Amy Yu
Amy Yu is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleworks View Post
I am happy to see fully new production of these batteries. You can only rebuild so much with failing BMS boards.

Amy Yu, do you also sell only the BMS boards?
Yes, my friend,
We also sell BMS separately.
Amy Yu is offline   Reply With Quote