SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #171
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Thumbs up welcome

Plan on
WOW
Have a nice day
Old 01-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #172
opticat
opticat is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default New owner!

Just bought a new i2! Lots of good info here!

My gas guzzler is a Prius
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #173
Roy Burrows
Roy Burrows is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Wink New Owner

My name is Roy Burrows and I live in Las Vegas Nv. I bought a i2 on 1-27-08. I am retired and have trouble walking. I will be riding my Segway to near by shopping centers mainly to Starbucks and running errands. Las Vegas is on Pacific standard time.
I am having a proble entering the settings on my infokey controller. Are there an sources on settings other than the Reference Manual?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #174
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Burrows View Post
My name is Roy Burrows and I live in Las Vegas Nv. I bought a i2 on 1-27-08. I am retired and have trouble walking. I will be riding my Segway to near by shopping centers mainly to Starbucks and running errands. Las Vegas is on Pacific standard time.
I am having a proble entering the settings on my infokey controller. Are there an sources on settings other than the Reference Manual?
Roy,

Welcome to the site. The only settings I'm aware of are:
  1. The ability to turn on or off the toggling of speed between turtle mode and full speed, and
  2. The max speed in full speed mode.
  3. Shutdown Timeout.

The first of the above settings is covered in your reference manual; the other two are in a supplemental pamphlet. I am assuming you purchased a NEW unit and therefore have the latest firmware, which is addressed in a pamphlet which should have been in your box. If not, you can find it at:
http://www.segway.com/support/manuals-guides.php

If this doesn't answer your questions, give us the specific setting you are trying to change. Also, since you already provided your location, you may want to fill in your profile to assist respondents in future posts. Also, it now shows you as purchasing your first Segway in 2001, but I'm betting that is a default that needs to be changed.

[Edit: Just realized that I responded to a post on a thread reserved for introductions. Roy, if you want additional responses, you should probably re-post this as a new thread in the same forum.]

John Kuhn

Last edited by bentbiker; 02-06-2008 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: See "Edit"
Old 02-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #175
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Burrows View Post
Roy,

I own a first generation machine that still uses the little, round metal-stud computer chip "key," so I don't know anything about the second generation infokey(s) and their programming. Sorry, I can't be of any help there.

As someone else who purchased their Segway due to personal mobility issues caused by poor health, I just wanted to welcome you to the world of SegwayChat.

Plus, welcome back to the real world that your Segway will give back to you. Yeah, right now you say you'll just use it to get to the store, and Starbuck's, and back. But, trust me, it won't be long until the store you choose to go to is a little further away... then a little further than that store... then, heck, you're gonna be cruising the strip at 2 AM, or Fremont Street, just because you can!

Again, welcome, Roy. You're in for some fun, let me tell ya!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #176
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Ron,

Which settings are you trying to make?

- To take out of lock mode, press and hold the top two buttons for approximately 10 seconds or until you see a series of "t"s replace the numbers. This will now allow you to toggle in and out of the speed modes.

- To set the time make sure you have the time on the screen and press and hold the top right button for three seconds (or until you see a flashing 12). You can then adjust the time (12/24 hour format, hours, minutes) by pressing the bottom right button (alarm button) until you get to the desired number. To toggle between the series press the upper right button.

- To set the date and different speed settings ensure the display is in the date setting and then press and hold the top right button for three seconds or until the display shows "M/PH or K/PH" (or something similar). You can then change all the settings / toggle through the settings by following the previously mentioned key press.

Anything else, just let me know.

Steven
Old 02-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #177
i2Glide
i2Glide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hi from Dallas

Well, not really Dallas. I travel a lot for work so it is Dallas today, Omaha next week, back to Dallas and then who knows.

I spend most of my time on the road but when I'm home it is either Dallas or South Carolina.

I just got my Segway and it will go on all my trips since I drive to the new sites.

How can I find out if there are any Segway owners where I visit?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #178
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2Glide View Post
How can I find out if there are any Segway owners where I visit?
Well, this site is a decent place to start.

You should make a couple of posts in the general forum and let it be known that you're interested in finding some folks to ride within the Dallas and South Carolina areas. I'm nearly certain you'll get a couple of bites.

This web site just put in a map function for users so that may help as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #179
i2Glide
i2Glide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thank you quade. I will post in the general forum too.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #180
rstaton
rstaton is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Waiting for Segway i2 to arrive in 6 days. I plan to use it for the short commute to work and lunch, avoiding traffic and saving my car from all those short trips.
Closed Thread