SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #121
twills
twills is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

bought a new i2 two weeks ago....the only one here in Deep Creek Lake, MD. Come visit!

Ted
Old 05-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #122
headtow
headtow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Adventure

Did not realize how much of a adventure this would become. We started as renters last year at the Long Beach Grand Prix, Thank you Segway of Long Beach. After I could only think of doing more. We decided to buy two for the 2007 event in Long Beach. Now we go everywhere out all day. We get educated each time we go out.

Got them insured under my All State home owners policy. Had a flat, Long beach Segway replaced. Controller battery, Sony did not have, Segway sent new. Now my controller is not responding correctly. Sometime will not start, or shut off, will not show Miles traveled any more or speed time Etc. Have not received new controller yet? Can only hope to get very soon.

Appreciate this site has helped a lot.

Also have a page at http://tatoo888.spaces.live.com/ Just posted Venice Beach glide today.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #123
glenn@3cats.com
glenn@3cats.com is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

New X2 owner (Glenn) as of May 24th, 2oo7 from N.E Pa – The Poconos.

See some photos at http://www.3cats.com/SW01.htm
Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #124
headtow
headtow is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default No Free Ride;

Well this has been the most interesting time of my life. My wife and I are very happy to have purchased our two units. I have been reading on this site and see we all share the same issues. The site has helped to complete some things, but they all were not easy to solve.

my controller battery while showed signs of low battery. Thank you Segway for the spare. I came to the site and decided to go to Radio shack to replace the spare. Then I wrote Segway and they sent me one. Wow how cool was that.

I have been trying to Insure both units, and as many times you ask is as many answers you will get back. This site helped me be better prepared to get to the correct result. My insurance company is All State. They covered me but first they wanted $600.00 a year for the two of them. It looked like a auto policy. Deductibles and everything. All State has all my insurance, cars, home everything. Not wanting to spend that much, and working for over two months, I finally got them to put it on my home owners policy, with a small fee, less than $100.00, underwriter fee.

Everything I checked out on this site has helped me. From how to inform, with a positive attitude to some really stupid people. I am no longer surprised to find a attitude of people saying things, trying to hurt your feelings. Employees saying you can not.

We go everywhere from our home to other places we load them up and go. We are over 60 and we lift them into the back of our truck and take them everywhere. That will be the next thing to solve. We do not need to be lifting at our age.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #125
Erik98671
Erik98671 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 2 New Owners in Washington, USA

Washougal, WA June 3, 2007 PDT

Hello. I am Erik98671. My partner and I have had our new x2s a whole week, and have enjoyed every mile (26 and counting - not counting today).

We've explored our own neighborhood and a park in our town along the Columbia River. There are lots of bike trails and paths in this part of southwest Washington state to explore.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #126
Stanrss
Stanrss is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Talking Two are better than one

I picked up my new i2, 5 days ago..I love it !! But I love my XT too..I will probably kill myself trying to ride both of them eqial time..I used to get some rest while recharging my batteries..Any way the i2 is a beauty, black,cargo carriers, bag ,lock and comfort mats....plus the updated console trim cover...Stan Ross
Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #127
DCTenor1
DCTenor1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Black i2
June 5, 2007
Washington, DC

It is AWESOME!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #128
Jendrik
Jendrik is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

A brand new black I2

Germany June the 01st. 2007
Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #129
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Default Howdy!

Purchased my new i2 on Memorial Day, May 28, 2007 from Segway Orange County in Newport Beach.

Today, June 12, is my second day of commuting to work on it. I plan on using it to commute to and from work as much as possible. It's an 8 mile commute one way that is taking me almost exactly 1 hour right now from downtown Santa Ana to Irvine. I hope to cut that time down a little by optimizing the route, but the streets and freeways I have to deal with really don't provide a lot of options.

As of this writing, I have 154 miles under the wheels.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #130
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default New Owners

Killeen, TX
My wife and I have a new black and a new white I2.
Pretty excited.
Bill and Debbie
Closed Thread