SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Trip Needed

We live in East Texas and the heat and staying inside has about got me clawing the wall. I am thinking about a night at my brothers north of Dallas, maybe no August the 7th, a short stop at my cousins in Ok City, then on to a couple of nights in Borger, Texas with some other cousins. It's 900 miles to cool weather. We have a Roadtrek, that is a small RV, it gets nearly 15 mpg.

Ahhh, Questa, NM, and cool, near there is a Corps of Engineers park where we can stay, maybe 5 or 6 nights. During the days we can visit REd River, Angle Fire, Eagle's Nest and Taos.

From there to Pagosa Springs, CO for a couple of days. Then near Durango, CO we have some friends who would like to go gliding, maybe 4 nights. Next my wife has a nephew in Flagstaff, at least 5 nights there. I can see us gliding in Flagstaff and Sedona. Back toward home thru Show Low, AZ and over to Ruidosa, NM, up to Santa Rosa, NM. Have you ever seen the Blue Hole there. Hot!

An overnight in Borger and home in East Texas. Is it still HOT! What day of the month is it? Is it still August? May need some donations for gas.

I just woke up from a nap, was that a dream.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Pkelley
Pkelley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Well you are in Durango best head for flag staf throug Page Az over the Kibab. Maybe get some slik rock gliding on the way.
Pkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

We looked at going down thru Tuba City, but it looked to desolate. We went down to Gallup instead. It was nearly as bad, probably longer, but at at about 100 miles to Gallup we were back on the interstate. I have no interest in breaking down on one of those Indian reservations with no help for 100 miles in either direction.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote