SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 06-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #1
jazlady
jazlady is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Love my minipro!

My husband and I brought minipro260 - November 2017 (Christmas present). I have been loving it ever since.

I wish it had wider wheels and speed up more with hoverseat attachment (with beach chair), but I love riding it at beaches, parks, downtown areas. All eyes on me when roll by.

I am thinking about getting upgrade.
jazlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Me too, I enjoy being different...

Hello, I was reading about your trouble with the lean/steer bar on your husbands unit and found this only other single post on your profile.

I don't think anyone replied to my intro either. This does not seem to be the most active forum I belong to.

The other day I took mine to HomeDepot and used it to push an orange shopping cart... Folks just didn't know how to react!
I stayed way slow, maintaining a slow walking speed once I entered the store, staying respectful and patient with the pedestrians in the isles.

I was fully expecting at any time for someone (an employee) to confront me and me having to cart my Ninebot/Segway and finish my shopping on foot.

When I rode through the checkout line with my automobile battery in the cart and out into the parking lot. I experienced a joy and cool factor that I have not felt in quite some time.

Where / what beach can you ride on? At first I was thinking of something like Daytona Beach, Florida where the sand has the fine powder consistency of Comet scour powder and packs hard enough to ride a bicycle on. But then I though of something like Venice beach in California, Jones beach, or Atlantic beach where there are miles of boardwalk or sidewalk...

Continue to enjoy your Mini. I can imagine the lean steer being out of whack. I think mine has a tendency to turn better in one direction than the other. I'll look at my MiniPro and try to offer you a solution.
Cheers!
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I don't think riding on a salty beach is a good idea.
truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
jazlady
jazlady is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I didn't ride in the sand.. I rode on the sideways where bicycle trail is beside the ocean. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricGator View Post
Hello, I was reading about your trouble with the lean/steer bar on your husbands unit and found this only other single post on your profile.

I don't think anyone replied to my intro either. This does not seem to be the most active forum I belong to.

The other day I took mine to HomeDepot and used it to push an orange shopping cart... Folks just didn't know how to react!
I stayed way slow, maintaining a slow walking speed once I entered the store, staying respectful and patient with the pedestrians in the isles.

I was fully expecting at any time for someone (an employee) to confront me and me having to cart my Ninebot/Segway and finish my shopping on foot.

When I rode through the checkout line with my automobile battery in the cart and out into the parking lot. I experienced a joy and cool factor that I have not felt in quite some time.

Where / what beach can you ride on? At first I was thinking of something like Daytona Beach, Florida where the sand has the fine powder consistency of Comet scour powder and packs hard enough to ride a bicycle on. But then I though of something like Venice beach in California, Jones beach, or Atlantic beach where there are miles of boardwalk or sidewalk...

Continue to enjoy your Mini. I can imagine the lean steer being out of whack. I think mine has a tendency to turn better in one direction than the other. I'll look at my MiniPro and try to offer you a solution.
Cheers!
jazlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:29 AM   #5
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I agree truck, salt is not our friend.

I sure can attest to the occasional tourist on Daytona beach, back in the 70's, they all were not just happy driving on the beach... I'd witness at least two or three a season who just had to drive their cars out into the ocean a bit!

Probably Hertz cars.
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote