SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
roro
roro is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Would you send your kid to this teacher?

In the trolley car a teacher is staring at least 15 minutes at my Segway.

The teacher looks like a teacher that no student want to have:
DIY-knitted pullover, DIY-knitted socks, shell-rimmed glasses...

After 15 minutes of staring and thinking he ask me:

"sorry, I am a teacher for physics....ähm, äh ...Does it work with batteries?"

"Yes, Good bye"

Was this the most intelligent thing he could ask?

When someone, with a propeller on the back, would fly ten feet high over the sidewalk, he would also ask:

"Does it work with batteries?"

Would you send your kid to this teacher?

What will this teacher teach your kids???

sick

Rob
roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I'd guess he spent a lot more time studying physics than studying current culture. He sounds like on of the physics professors at my college. Brilliant, but couldn't come out of the rain.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam
I'd guess he spent a lot more time studying physics than studying current culture. He sounds like on of the physics professors at my college. Brilliant, but couldn't come out of the rain.

Pam
I too had a brilliant Physics teacher (he worked on the Manhattan Project) and yes, he would have looked at the Segway and postulated for days on end about its inherent problems.

He would then have commandered the Segway ridden on it until the batteries died, all the while developing, in his mind, a recharging system so he wouldn't have to stop.

Brilliant man, brilliant mind with a few synapses that sometimes misfired, but when he broke loose from the physics mold, he really was a blast to be around.

Oh did I mention he was a Germanic Jew who left Germany at just the right time? That 98% of the time he was very Germanic (read proper) and could bore you to tears? That the 2% of time he broke loose was at our parties, which he came to regularly (all 5'2" or so of him) and drank Margaritas and Sloe Gin Fizzes like there was no tomorrow.

I can almost picture him now, riding off into the sunset, Margarita in one hand, hair flying in the wind, and a gleeful yell trailing behind him.

I kind of miss the old coot!

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
sfrantz
sfrantz is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Physics Geeks Unite!

Hey, easy on us physics geeks! Perhaps that was just his introductory question and the questions were going to get deeper. Perhaps he thought that if you couldn't answer THAT one, there was no reason to ask you about the solid-state gyroscopes.

-Steve
sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Wait! YOUR seg has batteries?!? I thought they all ran on cold fusion generators like mine. I am so confused...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, Karls, your's is the ultimate pimped product. I won't get cold fusion until I get the levitation model.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I tell people that my segway runs off the screams of children.
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls
I tell people that my segway runs off the screams of children.
Early Monster's Inc. or late in the movie Monster's Inc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #9
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I use the older style of children's screams. I get less range, but they are safer to take on the plane!
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

My physics instructor taught me "There is no such thing as a dumb question, if you truly don't know the answer"...

The obvious isn't always so. Investigate the 'Heisenberg Uncertainy Principle' and you'll see what I mean...