SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #11
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
I find this one strange. I have spent more time on Capital Hill on my Segway than I can count. Heart Senate Building, The Pentagon, The DOJ etal

You don't need any proof of your disability . Also get the names of everyone who gives you a problem. Something on this just seems strange.

Clarification of The Segway as a mobility device is pending.
http://www.ada.gov/NPRM2008/ADAnprm08.htm

Be Big,
AMAC
Clarification can't happen too soon....

In reading over this, I'm guessing that there will still be those who feel, like the Interior Department who investigates many of these complaints, the Missouri Department of Conservation, the Missouri Commission on Human rights and Simon Malls (all of whom I have dealt with over the past 16 months) that this doesn't preclude the requiring of permits and other special regulations since, they are, after all, being allowed to use the facility when they comply with those special rules...

There needs to be some claairifcation that "other" devices are to be given rights equal to those granted for wheelchairs...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Just finished a phone call from the Department of Interior--a followup on the complaint I had filed, checking to see if I now had access...

They asked --so I told them! <G>
This phone call was a request for a copy of the MDC's new policy for their records.

I was told that the MDC will be told that "they can't do that"

Now to tackle Simon Malls on both permits and waiver (castle case voiding waivers.) .... <G>
After a month I received a letter from the Interior Department upholding their decision that the special use permit is a sufficient solution. So much for "they can't do that"! Obiously they can and will when the DOI essentially gives them permission.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
MowTin
MowTin is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I guess they love their bureaucracy.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote