SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Synergetic
Synergetic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default kickstand question

I'm looking for a kickstand that can be safely/easily operated by someone with a balance problem. Would the SEGsuperstand be an appropriate choice for that situation?
Synergetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Grizzly
Grizzly is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have the SEGsuperstand.
I can confirm that it is extremely easy to operate.
You can stand behind Your Segway and push the lever down with the big too of Your right foot.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
funky-move.de
funky-move.de will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergetic View Post
I'm looking for a kickstand that can be safely/easily operated by someone with a balance problem. Would the SEGsuperstand be an appropriate choice for that situation?
It depends on what kind of balance problems you have. We give special training for handicapped people and most handicaps are different to handle. There are some they might be fine with that kind of kickstand but the most are better with the FMC Kickstand. More easy to handle - to fold in and out.

There are two distributors for the FMC Stuff
Segway of Indiana - Chris
Segway of Scottsdale - Brian

Watch this video

Segway Customizing in Germany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
funky-move.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Synergetic

5 yr Member
Default kickstand

After doing additional research and reading the responses to my question (thank you, everyone), I've just ordered a SEGsuperstand. After I have some experience with it, I'll post an update.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Synergetic

5 yr Member
Default SEGsuperstand experience

While there are situations for which I still use the front kickstand on my i2, after about three weeks with the SEGsuperstand I am very pleased with the convenience and safety its rear-operated design allows.

When I load and unload the Segway, I use a powered lift and, depending upon the slant of the surface behind my car, the front-operated kickstand (to date I've only broken one of them) is sometimes the better one to use.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergetic View Post
While there are situations for which I still use the front kickstand on my i2, after about three weeks with the SEGsuperstand I am very pleased with the convenience and safety its rear-operated design allows.

When I load and unload the Segway, I use a powered lift and, depending upon the slant of the surface behind my car, the front-operated kickstand (to date I've only broken one of them) is sometimes the better one to use.
I too have retained my front kickstand (beefed up with plastic from a milk jug and reinforced packing tape). I pretty much only use it when in restaurants, where I need it to take up less space.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default SegSuperstand

Hi Folks:
Where can I get the SegSuperstand from? I live in PA in the US. I hunted on the web and only found a location in Germany. Is there any company in the US that markets it and if so, could you please post a link to it ? Much appreciated.
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote