SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 AM   #21
jrmiller
jrmiller

5 yr Member

Betty, I have sent an e-mail to the address you posted and will await a return. I will post the gist of a reply if one is sent. REMEMBER SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT JR :&gt
jrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:38 AM   #22
rbrick
rbrick

5 yr Member

Betty, RIGHT ON!!! Stand tall be empowered. Due to MS, I have traded my sit-down scooter for a Segway and won't go back until the disease forces me to. Able-bodied people do not realize the freedom (physically and emotionally) a Segway can provide. I am not knocking scooters but for me the Segway is my access device and my chance to regain some "near normal movement." Maybe WDW management should spend the day getting around their theme parks in a scooter to see just how much fun it ISN'T.

My disposable dollars go where I am welcomed. If the threat (hollow as it may be) of ADA forces them to rethink their restrictive and discriminatory policies, we have to get in their faces for those that don't have the energy to fight for their rights and just give up and stay home. I am not a militant just because I stand taller on my Segway

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Betty Boom

I live in Orlando and I just called WWW and they have an absolute policy stating NO SEGWAYS in theme parks! Apparantly they do not consider the Segway a mobility device and want you to sit down and act handicapped. Sorry for the harsh words but I think standing on a Segway is empowering to a mobility challenged person. I have MS and can only walk short distances (difficult and tiring) but I CAN stand up and I have no intention of diminishing myself for the mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!I think this calls for action on the part of partially disabled Segway users. How many are out there? How many more will be soon when they get the word? If I had more numbers I would contact ADA now.

Betty Boom
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=506062&rfi=6
rbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:57 AM   #23
jrmiller
jrmiller

5 yr Member

Greetings to All, My E-mail from MR S was returned and a TX is expected sometime tommorrow.We'll see what kind of s sabre rattler he is. More later as it unfolds. SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT JR
jrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #24
mschneider
mschneider

5 yr Member

Okechobee Wind ... I'm Mike Schneider, a reporter for The Associated Press. I would love to talk to you about your experience at Walt Disney World. Could you either call me at 407-425-4547 or email me at mschneider@ap.org?
Cheers.
mschneider is offline   Reply With Quote