SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 AM   #1
tashstar
tashstar

5 yr Member
Default in need of a group hug!

I ordered our new i180 last Thursday, in hopes that it would make it to us by Christmas... well it didn't, but was promised for Wednesday 28th. Got a call yesterday, saying it hadn't left Melbourne yet, and it would arrive Thursday (today.. 29th Jan). Well, now they are telling me it still hasn't left, and won't be here till tomorrow. (IF everything goes OK). If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, we will have to wait till after new year...... AAARRRGGGHHHH! They can't be doing this to us!.
We are supposed to be leaving in the morning to go on holiday's, and our Seg was to come with us. Is there any such thing as a reliable courier company?
Keep all your fingers crossed that we get it tomorrow... PLEASE. We will keep you posted.

B & T

"David Copperfield could never glide like this!"
tashstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Oh,B&T, I'm so sorry to hear this, I know how disappointing this can be! {{{{{{hugz}}}}}}} Here's hoping something good happens!
pAM
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

B & T, I would say it'll be worth the wait, but you have waited quite long enough...

(it'll be worth the wait) :-)

-Sal

Segway Chat Member since July 2003
Segway Owner since August 2003
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

B & T,

My sympathies go out to you. No, there is no such thing as a reliable courier company...we too had Segway's stuck in customs / logistics limbo. All three where Christmas presents, arrived in Dubai in time for Christmas delivery.

All three arrived here on the 19th for delivery to our offices on the 21st, giving the courier company 1.5 days to clear them. On the 21st we get an e-mail (not even a phone call but that could be because they are afraid of me telling us they were very busy and would deliver our boxes on the 22nd at 9:00 AM. At 9:15 we call them and they tell us they will deliver them at 11:00 AM. At 11:15 (can you tell I like punctuality) we call them and they tell us they are having a problem clearing customs (something they told us had been done the day before) but would deliver them between 2 and 3. At 3 we call to find out that they didn't clear customs in time (remember that Thursday is the government "Saturday" so customs only works 1/2 day if items are not declared as RUSH) but that they would deliver them on Saturday (the 24th) at 9:00 AM.

Well, Saturday is an off day (the corporate (private sector) "Saturday") but we agreed to work. Guess what, at 9:05 (patience was running thin) nothing, 11:00 AM, nothing, 3:00 PM nothing, 6:00 PM nothing, 9:00 PM, still nothing.

So, when did the units get delivered.....11:45 Christmas day, and there I was accepting delivery and then turning them around to the clients! Of course, we not only gave them a discount but we also loaned them units to put under the tree and to use until their's got here!

So, a BIG HUG out to you and great thanks to our clients who were so understanding and accepting of this gigantic fiasco.

Steven

--- EAMUS CATULI! ---

No person is truly useless. They may always serve as a bad example!
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Absence makes the heart grow fond.

Some things you can do to prepare for the arrival of your new Segway.

Have a place picked out for it to reside, one with an outlet nearby. - Segways do not like to hide in closets or garages - they really like to be out with the rest of the family - Ours live in the dinning room, one is by the window and the cat sits on it to look out. Having a little mat for it to reside on is good, keeps the floor cleaner.

Plan some gliding trips, look for some new ways to get places, watch out for bad sidewalks and rough roads. Also look for places to secure your Segway. Once you have your Segway you will find that the old way of going places, is just that old. You will find lots of new ways to get places. - just don't think that you will get there any faster, as people will stop and ask you all kinds of questions. You will find the same questions get asked over and over again.

Think about where you are going to put that box. It does break down, but some of the packing material (the wheel supports) do not. Having the box will come in handy if you have to ship it or take it with you on a trip.

Get some cleaning items ready for it, a couple of good rags and cleaning products that will not damage it. Segways like to get detailed - though alot of them here in the states, look like they live full time in the outback!

So hugz come your way - it will be worth the wait. And think of how you will answer the five official questions that you will be asked.

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
SEG America
The Premier Gliding Organization!
http://www.SEGAmerica.org
Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
ElectraGlide
ElectraGlide

5 yr Member

Oh, that waiting can really hurt! I was lucky enough to buy my Seg right at the local dealer without waiting, but if you remember , they announced the Segway over a year before availability....so in a way we have ALL waited!
I just waited MONTHS to clinch a deal and get a non related item so I know how you are feeling. I hope you get it before you leave on holiday !! Good luck and drive safely

Steve
ElectraGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I got lucky. I did the internet and amazon route, but did not like buying from people that knew less about the seg than I did, and I did not know much...

I got fed up and called the factory, arranged a meeting the next day, and drove the 50 miles. Called on Tuesday, on a seg by noon on wednesday, riding around in the cellar of the factory. (Took my wife's minivan, so mine was in a box in the van)

Assembled it on Wed night and glode all day on Thursday (I took the day off from work, Friday too...)

Sometimes living in Taxachusetts (Boston suburbs) is not too bad. In this case anyway...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
jake4700
jake4700 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

BIG HUGS! Hang in there - after you get it you won't remember what it was like NOT to have it.

=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=
Jennifer
jake4700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #9
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

My first Seg (167) two and a half years ago was shipped from Florida via DHL against my wishes.....we had no DHL service in this area! After much tracking checks, we found it in a warehouse 50 miles from here. No one knew what to do with it or how to get it to me. Finally DHL sent it by a local trucking service and I got it a week later than scheduled.....very frustrating.
I am doing the same routine in trying to get delivery of my Lithium batteries...I got the 180 in July this year with the NiMH but paid for both with the promise of the Lithium's when available. Of course we all knew they were back ordered and promised but the date kept pushing ahead....I finally got after the shipper and they said my batteries would be shipped via DHL that same day....That was 6 Dec, and Tracking showed delivbery 8 Dec. No show......tracked and tracked.....showed just those two dates for a week.....started Emailing the Shipper and DHL.....different stories each time...Yesterday DHL Emailed me that for some reason a shipping order had been "generated", but they had never been picked up........they were still in Oakland, CA! So I am STILL sweating them out. 23 days after shipped....very frustrating!!
Murray

Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I know of a couple of dealers who have personaly delivered the product to the customer - so as to avoid that!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
SEG America
The Premier Gliding Organization!
http://www.SEGAmerica.org
Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote