SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
segaddict
segaddict is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefuli View Post
Ksagel- you talked about an extra battery for? what kind? Again i'm using an 1gen.

I think the extra battery was recommended soley for the key. I keep one always on my Gen 2. It has saved me a few times, as it always seems the battery goes when I am in a mountain town that does not have specialized batteries.
segaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by segaddict View Post
I think the extra battery was recommended soley for the key. I keep one always on my Gen 2. It has saved me a few times, as it always seems the battery goes when I am in a mountain town that does not have specialized batteries.
Thanks for clarifying for me, but I believe that Gracefuli asked the question in post # 6, and I answered similarly to you in post # 7.

I have never had the battery go dead and leave me stranded, but it takes up so little space, why not?

I also always have flashlights or on board lights with me, in case I wind up out late, or in the case of those attached to the segway, because I am too lazy to take them off and back on all the time. I frequently carry spare batteries for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #23
wmailhos
wmailhos is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
http://www.segway.com/downloads/pdfs/quick_release.pdf

It was an optional accessory for Gen1 machines. It allows you to easily and quickly remove your control shaft without the use of an allan key. I used it all the time to make it easier for my Gen1s to fit in my Smart cars. But if you are having the reset problem and need to disconnect the control shaft cables, then I will also help with that.

As to where you will get one from nowadays, you could try a few dealers who have been in the game a while and still service Gen1 machines, you could check eBay or post a wanted add in the buy/sell forum here. Good luck
I was wondering why one of my i167s had this and the other didn't... Obvious to me now that this was an add on that one unit got and the other didn't... Thanks.
wmailhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I packed my traveling tools today for a trip to New Orleans in a couple of weeks. In Addition to the things listed in this thread:

• a pair of cheap brown gloves
• a few bandaids
• Screwdriver and pliers
• a large plastic bag
• a cheap poncho

I know I might want to take along the kitchen sink, but there is a load limit.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote