SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #11
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholloway
Yes, Segway Authorized Tours have to be a dealer.
This is incorrect. According to my understanding of the SegwayAuthorized Tour contract addendum, dealers and / or distributors will be signed as non-exclusive SegwayTour operators. However, Inc reserves has the right to appoint non-dealers as SegwayAuthorized Tour operators.

I would add that the value that folks like Tom bring, and have brought, to the "game" is something not to be taken lightly and that in my opinion (and my OPINION only) is that Inc has approached the dealers first and will soon, as early as next week, approach the non-affiliated Tour operators.

Within my multi-country territory, as an example, I am responsible for appointing and managing the SegwayAuthorized Tour operations. I will obviously seek to support my dealers first but if a dealer isn't able or is unwilling to meet the program guidelines than my contract addendum will clearly state that I have the right appoint whomever I wish.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
sholloway
sholloway will become famous soon enoughsholloway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

That is very strange. At the dealer meeting it was confirmed several times that only Segway dealers would be considered for the Authorized Segway Tour program. Maybe the information I have only applies to the US. I'll check into again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
sholloway
sholloway will become famous soon enoughsholloway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I have confirmed that I am correct inside the US and you are correct outside of the US.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
jayrogo
jayrogo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ever-Glides
If so, how is it going? And, are you training at the same time on both the HT and the PT?

I'm still on the fence whether or not to convert yet. I want to see some period of 'real time' use first.

And, I want lots of questions addressed by 'new group' experience.

It's way too early to convert my units to the i2 until I see if this change is permanent or just another 'new coke' market test.

One of the biggest concerns is the elimination of the 'yellow key speed/turn'. To me, it is much more risky taking large groups on 'red key tours'. My accident record is outstanding for the number of riders we have taken on tour, and there is NOTHING that I will do to compromise 'tour safety'...
The last time I checked the web, pictures of folks in Santa Barbara were using i2 on a tour. They looked like tourists, not guides or locals.
My opinion is the Gen II models are easier for beginners to use than Gen I. I've done a few experiments putting regular/first time users on the Gen II and some on the Gen I. And then one group on both. People said the Gen II felt more "intuitive" than the Gen I.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #15
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default i2 tours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrogo
The last time I checked the web, pictures of folks in Santa Barbara were using i2 on a tour. They looked like tourists, not guides or locals.
My opinion is the Gen II models are easier for beginners to use than Gen I. I've done a few experiments putting regular/first time users on the Gen II and some on the Gen I. And then one group on both. People said the Gen II felt more "intuitive" than the Gen I.
I can confirm that Segway of SB uses i2's on tour...we talked about this very topic yesterday when was picking up Eeyore. I loan Eeyore out to them when they have bigger tour groups.

If anyone out there has some strange desire to ride Eeyore, you can always put a special request in with the Segway of SB folks when you do a tour with them. Then you can say you rode the same mangy beast that has done AMAZING thing going places where no segway has been before! 8^) 8^) 8^)

But I have to warn you...watch out...that mule will buck!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #16
IGlideTours
IGlideTours is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default I2 Speeds

You can definitely have them reprogrammed. We will be running tours on the I2 exclusively...probably by this weekend. Feel free to email periodically and I will update on training, etc. lew@iglidetours.com.
IGlideTours is offline   Reply With Quote