SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:32 AM   #1
driu
driu is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Exclamation Ninebot Kickscooter ES1 extra battery no extra speed boost

Hello,
i hope i typing in right forums, ill try to make it short and sweet, so like couple months ago i bought ES1 kickscooter, enjoyed for 1 day then something happened and i gave it to repair center, before i gave them my kickscooter would go for 20-21km top speed, on getting it back i got 19-20 top speed, but its not the problem here im having, typing that info because it might have something to do with the real problem i have now...finally i got extra batter wich gives obviously more range to drive and it should give extra speed boost up to 25kms, but it doesnt, it still stays at 19-20km, in the program on mobile phone, i downloaded new software and it recognizes that the new battery is attached and well, maybe you guys have any ideas on how to make it add the speed boost it suppose to? thanks
driu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #2
iggi
iggi is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi driu
did you drive in a sport mode ?
You should have red S on display !
Other modes are limited to 20km/h.

By Igor
iggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driu View Post
Hello,
i hope i typing in right forums, ill try to make it short and sweet, so like couple months ago i bought ES1 kickscooter, enjoyed for 1 day then something happened and i gave it to repair center, before i gave them my kickscooter would go for 20-21km top speed, on getting it back i got 19-20 top speed, but its not the problem here im having, typing that info because it might have something to do with the real problem i have now...finally i got extra batter wich gives obviously more range to drive and it should give extra speed boost up to 25kms, but it doesnt, it still stays at 19-20km, in the program on mobile phone, i downloaded new software and it recognizes that the new battery is attached and well, maybe you guys have any ideas on how to make it add the speed boost it suppose to? thanks
By adding an extra battery did you increase the voltage of the system? If no voltage increase the motor won't run any faster.
truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:24 AM   #4
iMak
iMak is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
By adding an extra battery did you increase the voltage of the system? If no voltage increase the motor won't run any faster.
What do you mean by voltage increase?
iMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

When you add the extra battery you maintain the system voltage but you double the endurance.
If the extra battery increases the voltage the motor could run faster.
A second battery could double the system voltage if connected in series which would double the motor speed and in turn double the scooter speed.
This would be short lived however because the double voltage would destroy the motor.
truck is offline   Reply With Quote