SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
drolsinatas
drolsinatas

5 yr Member
Default Who are you voting for President??

Which Candidate does the Segway community endorse?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drolsinatas View Post
Which Candidate does the Segway community endorse?
I haven't heard a single candidate mention any issues related to Segways at all. I don't think many are too worried about the future of individual, short distance transportation issues or the issues of the mobility impaired very much and frankly I would hope that all had bigger fish to fry than the micro-management of something on this level.

Segway seems to be considerably further down the scale of government; state, county, city (mostly city).
Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
ryanj0
ryanj0 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
I haven't heard a single candidate mention any issues related to Segways at all. I don't think many are too worried about the future of individual, short distance transportation issues or the issues of the mobility impaired very much and frankly I would hope that all had bigger fish to fry than the micro-management of something on this level.

Segway seems to be considerably further down the scale of government; state, county, city (mostly city).

I have contacted the offices of candidates mainly on my particular situation which I have been asked not to go into here. I have gotten a reply back from the Barack Obama (although I doubt it was him himself writing it) that stated that he supports implications of Segway's for disabled and is considering programs to aid. The rest have yet to contact me. The question is if this will really happen or not and answer probably not any time soon with any of them but just the mere office response is leaps ahead of the rest!

Jeremy Ryan
ryanj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

This forum has historically been very closed minded when it comes to politics. Open and fair discussion on this topic is not welcome her, in my experience.

Politically, I am a conservative guy, and private charities like Segs4Vets proves my point. They have done great work, and not been a burden to anyone, as those who wish to be involved, are. They are not another entitlement program, designed to redistribute wealth.

I like small government, and no morality dictates coming from it, as I believe most politicians are corrupt.

Morality dictates come from spiritual leaders and that leaves the defense of citizens and the roads to the government, which I have yet to see them do a good job with...

I firmly believe that this may not be the best place on the planet to live. I have seen many other places.

Our one solice is that I know for a fact it is a whole lot better than the 2nd best place to live...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Exclamation Politics and Religon

Two things you don't bring up in a social setting.

When folks come to town, I take them by the Clinton's Home and the Bush's current residence.

Last week we glided by Fred Thompson's place with some folks too.

That is the great thing about America, we can vote for who we want, and let our beliefs be known without having to fear retribution.

This will no doubt be a very nasty political campaign year.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

GW Bush appears to be pro-segway, in that he is known to ride them often and has also given them as gifts to other world leaders (Japan).

As for making a federal law that allows Segways in all US States and territories, this has not been done, despite his and his family's involvement with the device. In fact, Kamen talks about training his parents, who loved the experience, but were the one's who trained their son...

We've all seen the footage of GW falling over a shutdown Segway. But the media does not cover the fact that he continues to ride and does so, successfully.

Other than his recreational Segway use, I have nothing in common with Mr. Bush, and most if not all of his polices & political agendas.

I would like to vote for someone who is not going to use the concept of terrorism as an excuse to break the laws of this country, treat our veterans poorly & deny them services or benefits, attack another country for their energy resources, allow breaking the Geneva Conventions during Interrogation, or to approve & fund immoral tools of automated warfare; like high energy lasers installed on 747 Flying Fortresses. Have no illusions; these machines are designed to target and cook people instantly at long range.

"It is good that war is so terrible, lest we grow fond of it." -- Robert E. Lee

Making war easy, works against the long term survival of our species as a whole.

So yeah, probably not voting Republican.

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post

SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Well the Segway is made in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
GW Bush appears to be pro-segway, in that he is known to ride them often and has also given them as gifts to other world leaders (Japan).SEGsby
And 21st century technology put together by American hands is not something you come across very often these days. So even though GWB does not rate high in my book, I give him credit for promoting an American business like Segway by giving their products as presents to dignitarys.

The Japaneese Prime Minister who loves Elvis, seemed to love his Segway!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
The Japaneese Prime Minister who loves Elvis, seemed to love his Segway!
And GWB also uses Segways as leverage against the evil-doers.

That said, I hardly think that's a reason to think he actually "supports" Segways. I think he simply finds them "useful".
Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Ah...finally, we get Quade to do an OPTA. My work is done here!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #10
quade

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Ah...finally, we get Quade to do an OPTA. My work is done here!
Hmmm, I've shown you that it's desirable in the imagination of a crazy person.

I'd still call this a stalemate.