SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
Buckaroo Banzai
Buckaroo Banzai is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Cool Bush didn't know there were two sects of Isma

Yawn...

Ambassador claims shortly before invasion, Bush didn't know there were two sects of Islam

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Am...Bush_0804.html

"Galbraith reports that the three of them spent some time explaining to Bush that there are two different sects in Islam--to which the President allegedly responded, “I thought the Iraqis were Muslims!”"

Yeah, this guy Bush is da' bomb!
Woohoo! Woop Woop!
Old 08-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #12
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I imagine he knows now. I'm guessing that a lot of American weren't aware that there were two sects of Islam. I didn't. Heck, I'm willing to bet that there might be even more, at least in practice, particulary as you get away from the ME. GWB was chosen and groomed for his position as president. Being of an incurious nature, as I understand it, there was a lot of foreign affairs he needed to be brought up to speed on. It's not surprising when the previous governance experience he had was in a state where the legislature meets every other year.
Pam

Last edited by pam; 08-05-2006 at 06:57 AM..
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai
"Galbraith reports that the three of them spent some time explaining to Bush that there are two different sects in Islam--to which the President allegedly responded, “I thought the Iraqis were Muslims!”"

Yeah, this guy Bush is da' bomb!
Woohoo! Woop Woop!
Assuming this is even slightly true, why would this guy wait 3.5 years to say this? Cause he has a book to sell? Bulls#!t either way is still bulls#!t.

Mike
RC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Wink I think you are really GWB posting under a fake name.

Mike,

I think you are really GWB posting under a fake name.
This guy can do no wrong, huh?

I thought I drank all the koolaid! Lol.

Come join us (non-neo-cons) in the light.

Republican state senator joins Democratic Party
http://ap.ardmoreite.com/pstories/st...77090196.shtml

Or would you rather stay with Cheney on the "dark side" as he has said himself. Do a google search if you don't remember this one.

Why are you defending the indefensible?
What's in these wars for you personally?
Do you feel safer with no "beefed up" port nuclear/chemical plant, border or airport securtry?
Do you want the UAE running our sea ports? Sorry Steven.

I don't get this.
It's like you will accept anything from this guy.
What would he have to do to loose your support? Seriously?
Sell crack to babies while shooting people from his Hummer? Lol.

Peace.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #15
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Question Are you a Neo-Con or not???

Just curious how we see ourselves politically.

I am NOT a neo-con. Lol.
I'm a proud liberal, progressive and sometimes radical.
I have no problem stating that.

So?

For those who are unsure of the definition...

Neo_con:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-con

Liberal:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Conservative:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ve&btnG=Search

Moderate:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...te&btnG=Search

Let's come out of the shadows and identify ourselves.
I have nothing to hide, do you?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #16
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Just curious how we see ourselves politically.

I am NOT a neo-con. Lol.
I have no problem stating that.
Ah, I've tried to stay above the fray.

Neo-Rad, that is what you are....and that is worse than even a far right conservative.

BTW, Neo-Con is a term that is primarily used by the opponents of conservatism, such as yourself. It is not an identified position, nor even an identified party.

Neo-Con does NOT exist except in the minds of those very much against, and often afraid of, the far right wing. This term is erroneous and primarily used as a scare tactic.

I see big problems with both Neo-Rad (or Neo-Lib) and Neo-Con positions. People who have fit this bill have tried to force their countries (and even regions) to believe in their way and only their way. That's bad.

The more appropriate choice for any country is to be a moderate, one that believes in the right of others to have their own opinions, beliefs, and yes, even often electing a leader that folks don't like.

BTW, not that I much care, but whom would you rather have as President and Vice President.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #17
RC Mike
Account Suspended
RC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of lightRC Mike is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Josh,

You seem to think a lot of things about me, my president, and my country that are completely untrue. So I will try to enlighten you knowing that you do not want to hear what I say and will call me names and tell me I live in the dark side and am a neo-con (that wikipedia article is so bizarre I have no idea what it means) and basically I am talking to a brick wall with the amount of what I will say you will absorb.

Quote:
FYI, just because I have strong beliefs doesn't mean I can't be persuaded with sound logic, real compassion and common sense.

No joke here.
We know this to be a fallacy, but whatever.

Quote:
Anyone catch Rumsfeld's appearance in front of the Senate?
That guy is deranged, IMO. I can just see him in a few years, completely mentally gone asking himself questions all day in a corner.
How does he sleep at night?

Rumsfeld:
Am I old? Yes.
Am I crazy? Defends who you talk to.
Do I come across as deranged? Maybe to some.
Should more of our young soldiers be cannon fodder? My goodness ah... no.
Should I admit failure and retire? Possibly so.

Central Casting couldn't find a better guy to play the crazy, corrupt, incompetent government official if their lives depended on it.
Rumsfeld could have quite a career... in film playing evil geniuses. If he isn't facing charges of treason.

Pathetic.

It's going to be fun to watch these Neo-Cons run out of town (by the GOP) so we can get our country back from this death machine in power now.
Maybe one day we can get you in an anger management class so you can learn to spout your venom with a little less spittle and acid.. No, why bother.
You seem to enjoy it.

Quote:
Environmentally protective
So I guess that you will vote against Angeledes in this gubantorial election? No, that would take knowledge and logic instead of blind partisan fury.

Quote:
education minded,
So that is why California voters (you know, the 6.6m democrats) decided to vote down a proposition that would allow a school to decide in the first two years whether a teacher was working instead of granting instant tenure. Great idea. So if a teacher decided he was just going to sit at the desk eating doughnuts all day, they cannot be fired. Brilliant.

Quote:
medical coverage for everyone,
Gee Josh, unless I am mistaken, we already have this in California. There is this thing called an emergency room, which you better not have an emergency, because it is the waiting room for free medicine. You see, if you present yourself at an emergency room, you cannot be turned away, regardless of ability to pay.

Quote:
diplomatically minded,
So which wing of Hamas are you going to negotiate with? The elected leaders who say they have no idea about the kidnappings? Explain exactly what that will accomplish. Saddam had 12 years 12 Josh to comply with the terms of his cease-fire agreement (No Josh, the original declaration of war in Iraq was never ended, as Saddam never fulfilled the terms of his cease-fire agreement.) And don't get me started with Jimmy(the savior) Carter's "agreement" with N. Korea. Face it Josh, some people (you perhaps) cannot be reasoned with. They hate. They want to kill. They need to be dealt with before they kill you. That is the real world.

Quote:
election rigging,
Ever look at California's congressional districts Josh? Enough said.

Quote:
racist,
I would say F^&$ you, but that would say that this deserved to be acknowledged.

Quote:
torturing,
Still no proof.. Just vague speculation, and insults.

Quote:
I thought I drank all the koolaid! Lol.
You apparently did. From that hands of Cindy and Susan. Good luck with the hangover.

Quote:
What's in these wars for you personally?
Um, the fact that no one has committed a major terror attack in my country for 5 years? Duh!

Quote:
Do you feel safer with no "beefed up" port nuclear/chemical plant, border or airport securtry?
Um have you been to Long Beach lately? Or are you pontificating from on high in Hollywood? Because there is plenty of security dowm here, and if you want to make airport security work, STOP SEARCHING GRANDMA. Profiling works, so do it. There, I'm a racist because I believe in doing something that works instead of stealing my nail clippers.

Quote:
Do you want the UAE running our sea ports?
Why not? They seem to have figured out that it is in their best interest to come into the modern world. They would be more attractive to me that the Chinese who currently run large portions of our ports.

Quote:
It's like you will accept anything from this guy.
It is like you will not accept anything from this guy. Tomato/Tomatoh.

Quote:
I am NOT a neo-con. Lol.
I have no problem stating that
Nice, a radical. Have you noticed what these people tend to have in common? They hate till they kill. Good luck with that Josh.

Mike
Old 08-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #18
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Talking Too lazy to do your research?

Wow.

And you say I need anger management? Lol.
I wasn't calling you a racist, I do believe however that there are racist/classist policies in place by this "administration" right now in 2006.

You still haven't done your own research and determined if you are a Neo-con or not? This isn't complicated.
Read for yourself tough guy. You're just dodging the question or are too lazy to do your research from your source of choice.
Get on it! Lol.

As for, "Gee Josh, unless I am mistaken, we already have this in California. There is this thing called an emergency room"

That is the LEAST compassionate thing I heard in a long while. Are you spiritual in any way? Got a conscience?
At least you are honest about your lack of care for people worse off than yourself.

Keep talking, have a drink or three, let's talk some more.
Let's hear how you really feel. Lol.

FYI, not all radicals kill. Ever read about the 60s? There are many ways of being "radical".
Ask the skateboarders. Lol.

There are those even today who consider being gay or race mixing "radical".

Why do you protect Bush from taking responsibility from the carnage he has caused in rediculous war in Iraq?

This war is a failure much like everything else Bush has touched throughout his life.
This man has accomplished nothing noteworthy on his own.
If he weren't a Bush, he'd be a petty criminal, or worse, IMHO.

Peace.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
RC Mike
Account Suspended

5 yr Member

Quote:
You still haven't done your own research and determined if you are a Neo-con or not? This isn't complicated.
Read for yourself tough guy. You're just dodging the question or are too lazy to do your research from your source of choice.
According to that moronic Wikipidia article, I am, I am not, then I am, then I am not, then I am, then I am not.

What I am is a realistic libertarian. I want the government out of my life as much as possible. But sometimes, the government needs to be there, I understand that, but get rid of 90% of the government and I would be thrilled.

Mike
Old 08-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #20
Buckaroo Banzai

5 yr Member
Red face I would like to see a third party candidate...

Hi Steven,

"I see big problems with both Neo-Rad (or Neo-Lib) and Neo-Con positions. People who have fit this bill have tried to force their countries (and even regions) to believe in their way and only their way. That's bad."

No my way or the highway. How about fair and open elections again?
How about freedom of speech and the press again? I'd be cool with that as a start.
I believe the people get the government they deserve... unless the elections are hijacked.

"The more appropriate choice for any country is to be a moderate, one that believes in the right of others to have their own opinions, beliefs, and yes, even often electing a leader that folks don't like. "

I have no problem with this if there are fair and honest elections, like in Canada for example.

"BTW, not that I much care, but whom would you rather have as President and Vice President."

If you don't care. Don't waste my time and yours.
But I would like to see a third party candidate, maybe a moderate from each party running together to help heal our country.
Not sure though we would agree on who the moderates are.

Peace.

Last edited by Buckaroo Banzai; 08-05-2006 at 06:18 PM..
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote