SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #21
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

"The data on contributions by broadcast network employees was compiled by CRP at the request of The Examiner and included all 2008 contributions by individuals who identified their employer as one of the three networks or subsidiaries. The data does not include contributions by employees of the three networks who did not identify their employer.

The CRP is the organization behind OpenSecrets.org, the web site that for more than a decade has put campaign finance data within reach of anybody with an Internet connection."
DarthSegVator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
I really cannot get past the fact that you post the article, then tell us all that it is flawed, and a tool to incite. It is you who are doing that. Good for you. I wish you success.
Sorry, Karl, that you did not understand that the article was not a "tool to incite". Rather it was a political tool to influence those who are unwary, or are otherwise willing to accept selected statistical information without asking tough questions. Astute readers may recall the lively discussion on the SC "global warming" thread that led to the discovery that some posters here do not understand basic statistics. Consequently, it is hardly a surprise that the Examiner article has found support here.

There is, Karl, no magic regarding the number "four". That number came from the article itself. From each of those networks, with thousands of employees, only four were worth identifying to help make the author's point, and some of those were ridiculous. (SNL? Give me a break.) Your suggestion that naming those people is some attempt to be fair is beyond belief.

My point in posting that article, then taking it apart, is consistent with the subject of the original post. I did it to demonstrate the fallacy of the author's contention that contributions by individuals working for news media, even a few highly placed individuals, is the same thing as an active corporate policy and significant corporate support.

The author's claim is like claiming KSagal's personal support of the Tea Party is exactly the same as the company he works for having a corporate policy of support and providing a lot of cash to Nancy Pelosi. Obviously, it ain't the same thing at all.

And when that company is a media company, with the capability to influence the thinking of millions, the difference becomes even more striking.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Sorry, Karl, that you did not understand ...

Thank you for explaining how life works for me. It is amazing how I survived this long without you explaining things for me. I feel so much more enlightend since you took me under your wing.

Have a nice day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #24
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Thank you for explaining how life works for me. It is amazing how I survived this long without you explaining things for me. I feel so much more enlightend since you took me under your wing.

Have a nice day.
I appreciate the consistency of your responses, Karl.

You have a great day too.

Last edited by Civicsman; 08-31-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote