SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default 20 more years needed to loose 1 wheel

Hi folks,

Have you seen this new concept "Bombardier's Embrio Advanced Concept" device on: http://ployer.com/archives/2005/01/bombardiers_emb.php

They tried to make a concept for what will be the way of transportation in 2025. I'm sure that Dean doesn't need another 20 years to loose a wheel

Just wanted to share this info with you.

Kind regards,

Florin

P.S. Did anyone else recognize some elements of a motorcycle in it, or am I getting crazy?

Visit http://www.florin-webdesign.nl/segwayinfo if you want to stay up-to-date on the situation about the Segway HT in the Netherlands.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
ElectraGlide
ElectraGlide

5 yr Member

Thar was in Popular Science about 1 1/2 years ago.......I'd love to own one of those but I dont think I will buy the first few ! LOL

Steve
Old 01-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Hauptagon
Hauptagon is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Yeh, this has been around for a little while -- which makes me wonder how (or if) it's progressing. Definately interesting, but it would have to have even more redundant systems than the HT... just imagine that wheel locking up doing 80 down the interstate (ow).

-Justin

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." -From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Old 01-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Stan671
Stan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to allStan671 is a name known to all

Keep in mind, Florin, that there is no working prototype of this vehicle or anything close to a working prototype. So far, this thing is only a drawing. And a drawing can be capable of doing anything. Reality is a different story.

Remind me to post a picture of hoverboard I have drawn a picture of. It uses no fuel because it sucks dust and toxic fumes from the air and uses them for fuel. The only by-product of the power source is a pleasant smelling fragrance that also serves as an air freshener. The hoverboard can travel up to 200 MPH and folds small enough to fit in your back pocket.

Stan Dobrowski
Old 01-29-2005, 02:47 AM   #5
Neelix
Neelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Stan, we need to ban those hoverboards before they break pedestrian's bones! Make them illegal before they're even available to the public!

-------------------------
Fear not, for even though I come from the Forbidden City, I surely do not agree with the rules.
Chris Knight
Old 01-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I have bad news, Stan.

My town has also decided to ban the hover boards. It seems that the heavy hitters at the Superfund sites in the area are afraid of the sweet smelling effects.

After a long debate, the town decided to ban the devices because if they allowed them, they would have to let in all other manner of anti-gravitational devices. The town decided it was not the direction that they wanted to go at this time...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #7
solarseg
solarseg

5 yr Member

It might be doable, but it still needs two heavy in-hub motor wheels spaced closely together but together are wider than the driver. The wheels need to lean in the turns, so some type of crisscross flexible framing between the wheels controlled by gravity and leaning or a computer controlled worm-drive slide. The wheels can never turn in opposite direction except in a prefect standstill and very slow motion. The batteries are going to be heavy no matter the type and will need to be close to the ground, so it is not have the all on top of wheel look.

Still no steel cage or large heavy Plexiglas shield to protect the drive go over 30 mph scares me when you hit a bump and face-plant to the ground.