SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Related Sites and Resources

Notices

Related Sites and Resources For fan created site announcements, questions, advice, promotions, contests, resources on the web, help building your site or blog, etc.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default V1.0 is released!

The Unofficial Segway Code has now been updated on my site to v1.0. I think it is probably too big to fit here but I would like to invite you all to take a look and offer any feedback - either here or off-line (contact me through my profile).

Printed at 100% from IE7 suggests it is about 26 A4 pages long! I don't expect anyone to read it all but there are some sections covering stairs, lifts, escalators, moving floors, kerbs etc. Basically everything I could think of.

I'd love some feedback. The good - the bad and the ugly. Thanks

Old 09-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #12
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Exclamation Get the hell out of my chair.

Step up 'G'.
Damn this is beyound sweet.
If you are not ready to be asked questions you have all the answers.
Is there one of those cool CAP letter things we could slur this as.
The 27of27 word
Gbill 1918 revision of standing bill 1918.
I like when the code has those funny black lines through the previous text.

My senator Able as I call his office, prudent and capable might like a copy of this, may I have permission to send the 27 pages to him with out touching them, ink is on me.

Ya
Nay
Never quit never give up
If you can't hear a segway behind you, where are you going?

p.s. I turned page one, my bad.
Crash

Needle in a haystack.
Have a well day
Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Can you use it? Of course! It's changing quite often though. I've re-written some of it and just need to update. Plus, some more photos and videos planned.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
Twyfer
Twyfer is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Post Feedback

I haven't read the Code as thoroughly as it deserves, just skimmed it over. The content looks excellent!

The only negative comment that I have so far is that the unbolded white on blue text isn't as easy to read as plain black on white. It is, however, more visually appealing, so it's the old "style vs. function" conundrum.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Feedback

Hi Dwight

Thanks for the comments. I've updated it today to v1.04 and I think it's really starting to take shape. I take your point though about the colours. I have to admit, I never read it online, I print it and read it through correcting all my mistakes and re-wording it etc. Well, when I say "all" my mistakes, only those I spot!

I'll see if I can't toggle the CSS or something so you can get a b&w version. To be honest, I think it is becomming so big, it might be better as a printable PDF.

Thanks again.

UPDATE - figured out the CSS toggle - you now have a B&W option!

Last edited by gbrandwood; 09-29-2008 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Added the note about the CSS toggle
Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #16
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Hi Dwight

Thanks for the comments. I've updated it today to v1.04 and I think it's really starting to take shape. I take your point though about the colours. I have to admit, I never read it online, I print it and read it through correcting all my mistakes and re-wording it etc. Well, when I say "all" my mistakes, only those I spot!

I'll see if I can't toggle the CSS or something so you can get a b&w version. To be honest, I think it is becomming so big, it might be better as a printable PDF.

Thanks again.

UPDATE - figured out the CSS toggle - you now have a B&W option!
PDF,FYI,nice
build and they will come.
Crash
Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

A PDF is in the pipework, in fact, it's almost ready for release - but there are still a few blanks - which won't be filled for a while. Watch this space!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #18
Mr_Laurenzano

5 yr Member
Exclamation Trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
A PDF is in the pipework, in fact, it's almost ready for release - but there are still a few blanks - which won't be filled for a while. Watch this space!
I will fill in the blanks.
Crash
Old 11-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #19
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Laurenzano View Post
Crash
Very creatively, no doubt!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #20
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up Preview edition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Laurenzano View Post
Crash
It might take a while before I can finish it with everything in it. So, I've created a preview edition for you guys to look at. Feel free to give me any comments - much appreciated.

http://www.legalisesegways.co.uk/pdf...hatpreview.pdf