SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
mgalliani

Default Can someone tell me how to delete my account from this forum?

I no longer want any of my information on this system and want to delete my account. I know i can just stop using it but I no longer want any relationship with this site.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
mgalliani

I asked Florin to delete my account. Maybe he will or maybe he will just close this thread.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
uga

Why, whats going on?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #4
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga View Post
Why, whats going on?
A few people really like to discuss anything except segways on this forum, as long as it is politics/religion/believes/etc. To keep a long story short, they don't respect each other believes and have some kind of need to poke each other now and then to ignite a discussion.

In the past we (John or I) moved a (part) of the thread away to keep it fun for the other forum members. This wasn't appreciated by the few members.

So we came to the conclusion with the few members to leave the post there, and remind people how to behave. That didn't work. We have indicated a few times in a thread that we didn't like certain behavior, but they kept going on.

So yesterday, someone PMed me about a thread, called Facts die. It was one of those threads again, which didn't go about Segways. I tried the infraction system and moving the thread, but the infraction system doesn't give much clarity, so I reversed the infraction and placed a reminder and closed the thread.

But through the few years that I have been a moderator, I came to the conclusion that my moderator tasks consist for the full 100% out of babysitting these few members: removing offending/insulting posts, remind them on how to behave, etc. etc.

Well guys, you win, I give up, I had enough of this <beep>. I will ask John to remove my moderator rights, and to make your lives even better, I will ask him to close my account, so that I can not get tempted to check this website again.

mgalliani, I don't have the privileges to delete accounts, so I can't unfortunately help you with that. But send a PM to John, and I'm sure he is more than willing to help you with it.

I apologies for all the good people that I leave behind here, but I rest assure that most of them already have my contact details, or otherwise know to find me. Don't worry, I won't completely vaporize from the segway-planet, I will be hanging out on segforum, a european segway related forum. Mainly containing german messages at the moment, but there are already some english messages on them as well.

For now, I would like to close my last post on SegwayChat with something fun to share, a roadrunner video with Segways in it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjy...per-bipbip_fun

All that is left to write on this forum is: Good bye SegwayChat, hope to see all the friends that I have made via this forum, in real life or on segforum.

Florin
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Sorry to see you go Florin just because a handful of members want to discuss things other than Segways. We do have forums for such discussions, and they are generally allowed as long as members are respectful of one another and one another's opinions (which seems really difficult for some of our members to adhere to).

But I've certainly appreciated your help around the forums. Thank you for your time and efforts.

If another member -- who hasn't had any issues with the moderators in the past -- would like to step up and volunteer, I'd be happy to have the help. As with most Internet forums, moderation is truly a thankless task.

John
Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
mgalliani

John, I assume I am part of the handful of problem people so let me ask again in the nicest way I can. Please delete my account information.

Thank You.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
uga

Help John and be a mod! This is a forum is about Segways, I say lets keep it that way.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Well, this all seems kinda sad to me, but also a bit overreactive and unnecessary. Virtually all the v-bulletin powered forums I read have a specific off-topic area for members to discuss whatever they want, whether it's political, news, personal, weather, or whatever. Since I only come onto these forums to read ON-topic material, I just ignore the "sandboxes" of personal topics and all is well.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
bud01234
bud01234 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteInLongBeach View Post
Well, this all seems kinda sad to me, but also a bit overreactive and unnecessary. Virtually all the v-bulletin powered forums I read have a specific off-topic area for members to discuss whatever they want, whether it's political, news, personal, weather, or whatever. Since I only come onto these forums to read ON-topic material, I just ignore the "sandboxes" of personal topics and all is well.
well, yes and no. If you simply click on "new posts" to save time (as I usually do), then all the new posts do in fact pop up including the non-segway related posts and u have to look close to see what topic they're on.

maybe a "new post" button with "sans non-segway" threads?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
infinitronics
infinitronics is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I haven't been on here long, but I must say that this is one the best forums I've been on for staying on topic.

I've been on numerous other hobby forums with much more politics/religion/etc. being talked about than I've seen here.

It just seems to me that there is something deeper bugging some members, and the occasional off-topic thread is just the straw to break the camel's back.

Always sorry to see this happen.

YMMV...
Closed Thread