SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Segway Dealers

Notices

Segway Dealers Rate and review your experiences at a Segway dealership.

i-Segway
i-Segway
Published by mbrown3039
03-26-2008
Author rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?
80%80%80%
Questions answered accurately?
100%100%100%
Pricing and negotiations
60%60%60%
Overall experience
80%80%80%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Service capability & quality?N/A
Average 84%
Arrow i-Segway

Excellent group of folks who have helped us get Segways in a couple of locations.

They do know their "segway" stuff and have a great service department. In fact, this is a key to their success as they can fix virtually everything and, if for some reason they can't, they give loaners if your unit is going to be down for more than 5 business days.

Give them a shout...but be prepared to buy at full price because they will give you free accessories but they only discount for volume purchases.

MB
Member rating
Courteous & attentive attitude?
46.6%46.6%46.6%
Questions answered accurately?
60%60%60%
Pricing and negotiations
46.6%46.6%46.6%
Overall experience
53.4%53.4%53.4%
Recommend to a friend?
46.6%46.6%46.6%
3 users rated 51% average

Review Tools

Latest 5 reviews
By JohnG on 03-26-2008, 08:28 AM

Certainly the brother(?) of the owner should know..... So much for trusting that some unscrupulous dealers wouldn't try and game the system...
By bentbiker on 03-26-2008, 01:38 PM

Well, we have the name of this establishment, but nothing else.
By mbrown3039 on 03-26-2008, 03:26 PM

Yes, sorry. I needed to provide more detail.

i-Segway is the name of the dealerships in Africa and the Middle East.

This dealer carries plenty of stock, every accessory we have ever asked for, and have always been friendly and courteous. We have dealt with three of their staff (William in Egypt, Fadi and Josh in Dubai) and all have been excellent to deal with.

They regularly come on site for inspection of our Segways and when we have had to take them in for repair they have quoted fairly and repaired quickly. When one of our Segways had a base problem they gave us a loaner for three weeks.

I highly recommend them.

(jgrohol, is it possible for you to add this post to my earlier post so it is clear who I was talking about? And please give them a 5 in the new service question).

MB
By quade on 03-26-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrohol View Post
Certainly the brother(?) of the owner should know..... So much for trusting that some unscrupulous dealers wouldn't try and game the system...
You could always, ya know, moderate the thread out of existence, since it clearly is in violation of the spirit of the review section.
By KSagal on 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Default Clear as mud

It was a clear violation of what? Is there a law against one dealer doing business with family members?

This site is moderated by representatives of two dealers. If a different dealer is moderated off the site, without any violation by any stretch of the imagination of the TOS, then that would be proof of a conflict.

One tour operator has already commented about how they were left off the list of one of the moderators who told of the tour companies in his town...

If you decide that a customer of another segway professional is not allowed to post, even though they did not violate the TOS, how can that be justified...

This is just conversation. The moderators have not yet changed this thread, to my knowledge, but of course, there would be no way for us to know. We have to trust them. I trust them to do the right thing.

I just feel that this area of the site has put an unreasonable credibility gap into the mix. It is impossible to say that if I had a good post about one of the dealers who runs this place, and then later got a good deal from them, or great service, how would I ever know if they are related or not? Conversely, if I had a bad experience with one, and later get moderated for what I see as an unsubstantiated reason, how would I know that they are not related...

What I am saying is not uncommon. Holders of the public trust are often required to have their assets put into a blind trust, so that they cannot be placed in a position to hurt or help themselves financially. That is not the case here, but it is unfair to ask one dealer to hold a position that allows them to control or modify the reputation and public record on a different dealer. It is just too much of a conflict...

I don't know if the poster is related to the dealer. Nor do I know if the posters of the other dealers were related either. I do know that one dealer's rep has given a glowing report on some products they sell, which makes sense... How can it be responsible to require people who's job it is to sell this or that to be in a position to supposedly rate the value or lack of value of a product they are paid to sell...
By quade on 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
It was a clear violation of what?
Ethics.

These are supposed to be reviews, not ads for family businesses, if my understanding of two points of this thread are correct.

For it to be a legitimate review, the author should be detached from the products and services.
Last edited by quade; 03-26-2008 at 07:55 PM..
By KSagal on 03-26-2008, 08:23 PM

The moderators have stated clearly that they moderate for violations of the TOS. Doing business with a family member does not violate this.

How do you know that no other relatives have posted? I know of one married couple who often post. These ethics of which you speak are subjective.

And a self proclaimed wise segway elder has also said that conflicts of this sort are no big dealio, or words to that effect...
By JohnG on 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM

Ratings are for users, by the users. I agree with quade and we will, from here on out, ensure that mods do not participate in the dealer reviews as I don't think it's fair (as Karl suggested).
Comment