SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Mikelj84606
Mikelj84606 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question I REALLY want to be an "Official Member" by getting a SEGWAY...plz help.

I have been looking into SEGWAY for SOMETIME now and i would REALLY love to jump on board (no pun intended). If any one has a previously loved (aka used) SEGWAY that they would be willing to put up for adoption, I would ecstatically take advantage of the opportunity. I am good friends with the owner of the local SEGWAY dealership near my hometown, but the SEGWAY units he offers are a bit out of my budget. I can't get the unit and all the accessories i would need, but if i were to buy one used from him i could. The problem is his are WELL used and would need repairs often. I would love to be an official member of the forum by having a SEGWAY but this is my dilemma.
Mikelj84606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hey man, I worked hard to get the money together to buy mine. I suggest that you get a "second job" if you have a job. I am sure that the people on here will give you all of the advise about buying or repairing one, but they worked, saved cut out other things to have the money. If you smoke, stop smoking and that will make payments on a Segway.

I did find one in Grandbury, Texas with 89 miles for $3600. I talked to the owner and it did not sound like a scam.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
Hey man, I worked hard to get the money together to buy mine. I suggest that you get a "second job" if you have a job.
Maybe a third job too.
SegNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
team222badbrad
team222badbrad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

There is a classified section on this forum....

Ebay has older models for less than $2,000.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=seg..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

Next best thing...

http://focusdesigns.com/

Grammar also helps...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by team222badbrad; 11-12-2010 at 11:18 PM..
team222badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
Rolacoy

5 yr Member

I am not sure what "adoption" means, buy used or someone give me one or the money to buy one. But we should not "beatup" Mike on hear too much. Maybe he can respond and clear up what he means.

I bought two on Tuesday, spent nearly $11,000.00. The dealer had an older model for $1700.00. I don't know what it was, because I am not familiar with all the models. Or we could start a fund.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
mgalliani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelj84606 View Post
I have been looking into SEGWAY for SOMETIME now and i would REALLY love to jump on board (no pun intended). If any one has a previously loved (aka used) SEGWAY that they would be willing to put up for adoption, I would ecstatically take advantage of the opportunity. I am good friends with the owner of the local SEGWAY dealership near my hometown, but the SEGWAY units he offers are a bit out of my budget. I can't get the unit and all the accessories i would need, but if i were to buy one used from him i could. The problem is his are WELL used and would need repairs often. I would love to be an official member of the forum by having a SEGWAY but this is my dilemma.
Let me know if this works because I'd like to try this on http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/
If any one has a previously loved (aka used) ferrari that they would be willing to put up for adoption, I would ecstatically take advantage of the opportunity.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
Rolacoy

5 yr Member

Maybe the government should provide everyone over 12 years old with a Segway. Think of all the gasoline we would save.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Think of all the gasoline we would save.
...and all the cash we would send to China for lithium metal and/or battery manufacture.

Actually, if the "adoption" concept works, I am happy to provide a wonderful home for any spare cash anyone might have. Any currency. I'm not picky.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
Rolacoy

5 yr Member

I guess we have to chose between China and the Arabs. Not a good selection, is it. However, maybe some company could start up and rent them, they would be parked all over the place and you would rent the Infokey and pay for the use. I think that is being done someplace with bikes and maybe cars, I know I read something. It would save a lot of gas.

We bought ours for the fun of gliding, we are retired. If I still worked and my commute to work was less than 5 miles, no question I would ride it to work.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
mgalliani

I'm not posting this to get in a fight with you but I have to ask:

Would you ride to work in the rain?
Would you ride to work in the snow?
Would you ride to work when it's real hot?
Would you ride to work when it's real cold?
Would you ride to work if you were late?
Would you ride to work in the dark?

I think the Segway is great! I also think very few people would be able to replace their car with it. I think people have great intentions but once they get stuck at work due to a freezing rain storm their Segway would spend more time in their garage then their car (imho). I own 2 segways and they are the only transportation I can use (due to a disability) but there is no way I could make it without my Wife and her car.

Tags
adopt segway, need segway, previously loved segway, sell segway, used segway