SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #31
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety1st View Post
Decode of Error code

The Front CU Board reports: The temperature of the battery packs is too hot or too cold

Recommended Action: Allow the battery packs to return to a moderate temperature
Error code: C208

David Ford
I hadn't been back here for a while, so just found your description.

The i2 was charged in a warm garage, transported in a warm car, and produced the shutdowns with error C208 just after being removed from the car - on a pleasantly warm morning. So that definitely doesn't fit.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #32
terryp

Default E104 (I think)

I had my second unexplained mid-intersection 'safety' shutdown this morning. The last occurred a couple months ago, and it acted exactly the same both times.

After waiting for the signal I started into the intersection, going down a gentle curb cut. There was no problem until halfway across, when I got a sudden pull-back, stick shake and beeping. Being in the middle of the intersection, I didn't concentrate on checking the error code - just on getting out of the way of traffic, so E104 may be wrong. I do remember seeing the wrench.

Pushed to the curb, restarted, and had no problems after that.

It occurred to me that since the Seg is known to be susceptible to RF from some store security systems, it might also be susceptible to RF from cel phones or some other source. A long shot, but I'd prefer to think it might be that instead of an internal problem.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #33
jacky1982
Account Suspended
jacky1982 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thanks for this valuable thread!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #34
Drewi216
Drewi216 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

does anyone know what E003 is, i was looking thorugh the test mode of my key, and the last known error code was that, i do not recall a safety shutdown with this error code though
Drewi216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #35
terryp

Default Another scenario with E012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012
I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and left the Seg in standby mode with the infokey attached. When I went to leave, I found the Seg powered down - as expected, but the infokey was still turned on, with an E012 error code. Since it apparently thought the Seg was still running, it wouldn't let me start it without first resetting the infokey by releasing the back. I don't carry the spare infokey with me, so this can't be what Dave described.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #36
ryan_walters
ryan_walters will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and left the Seg in standby mode with the infokey attached. When I went to leave, I found the Seg powered down - as expected, but the infokey was still turned on, with an E012 error code. Since it apparently thought the Seg was still running, it wouldn't let me start it without first resetting the infokey by releasing the back. I don't carry the spare infokey with me, so this can't be what Dave described.
Could be the same cause though. In the two infokey case, the first infokey didn't know that the segway was going to power down, it just did. In the one infoeky case, possibly the infokey didn't 'hear' the communication from the segway that it was powering down due to a standby time-out. While riding, i've noticed the infokey loose rf link with the segway for a second or two at a time. Even though I'm quite near. (standing on it)
ryan_walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #37
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryp View Post
It occurred to me that since the Seg is known to be susceptible to RF from some store security systems, it might also be susceptible to RF from cel phones or some other source. A long shot, but I'd prefer to think it might be that instead of an internal problem.
Here's a two page article that explains how susceptible or resilient 2.4 Ghz RF devices (wi-fi, bluetooth, zigbee, etc.) are to interference with each other.
http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com...UNN2JVN?pgno=1
As far as I know, the store security systems don't interfere with the infokey communication, but some systems may interfere with either the gryo sensors or the motor sensors on a much lower frequency, somewhere in the khz to hundreds of khz region of the RF band. On the gen1, the symptom is stick shake and possible safety shutdown. I don't recall whether anyone with a gen2 has experienced and reported the symptoms yet.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #38
terryp

Default Error codes are us - New conditions for C100

I usually let my i2 drain off a little charge by letting it run in RBM against the wall (in a warm garage) while I eat breakfast. Still, it usually starts pushing back before I reach the bottom of the hill, so I just turn around, go uphill a little way, then start back down, and don't get any more pushback.

This morning I waited less than a minute before taking off. Partway down the hill I got the usual pushback, so started heading uphill. The i2 brought me to almost a full stop, so I took it real easy, waiting for it to realize that the batteries were now draining - not charging, but it never figured it out, and would barely let me move. Eventually I even got a little stick shake. So I decided to try going back downhill again - slowly. That's when it shutdown altogether with a C100 error.

After a little messing around in the dark I finally got it restarted, and from then on had no problems.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #39
GlennO
GlennO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I had mine quit on me yesterday afternoon, in the middle of a mall parking lot! I got the code E086, and had to walk it home. Every block I tried again, and on the 3rd try the error code changed to E407. I brought it home and charged it up (It was on 7 bars).

I got the same error this morning, so I took my racks and bags off and gave it a quick hose to remove yesterday's mud.
Two hours later, and it goes on with no error codes at all.
Does anybody have any idea if this is going to happen again?

Glenn
GlennO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #40
ryan_walters
ryan_walters will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Call INC and ask what the error codes are. They should be able to tell you. Considering it wouldn't start immediately after shuting down, I'd want to know what it was complaining about. Both codes too. Good that it starts now, but the description of the error might give you a clue as to whether it is likely to happen again.
ryan_walters is offline   Reply With Quote