SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #1
KevTRev
KevTRev is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Question Hi from Tasmania

I thought I had posted my intro yesterday but no sign of it today.
So fresh start.

I am retired and in my late 60s, a grandfather and enjoy touring by motorcycle; when COVID19 doesn't intervene. However, getting around town is a bit awkward on a cruiser, so I got intrigued on Indiegogo last year when they announced the Ninebot Max. Apart from delays in the project completing, it arrived and looked good. On the flat and slight inclines it has been a beauty.

However, I live in Hobart, which is quite a hilly city. I have found, several times, that it grinds to a halt or just cuts out on hills greater than 15 degrees. After 6 months and a few tosses off, I am also getting error codes 14 and 15.

I would welcome advice on either of these issues, as Segway - Ninebot sites don't seem very forthcoming about issues and resolution. I did find one guide, on Youtube, that shows how to disassemble the throttle, check and realign the magnets, so going to give that a go.

From my reading, it appears the max is supposed to be one of the stronger motorised scooters on the market. Am I asking too much for it to handle the hills around here?

Although I seemed to be the only Max rider around town when I first got it, they are now available generally and seeing quite a few around. There have been a few good YouTube videos about useful accessories. Recommend that as a resource until Segway-Ninebot Australia get their act together.
KevTRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I dont have much respect for any of the ninbot line..

The lack of redundancy is the first reason. battery size, tire size.

If you put anything up against an original i2 the i2 would win hands down. imo
airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #3
KevTRev
KevTRev is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Bits left over, after fix?

I followed the Youtube videos for the same issues on ES2. There were naturally some variations with the difference in models but the error messages have gone away. Only problem is I ended up with 2 small rubber pieces I do not know where they came from and not sure if they are important or not.

Anyone have any ideas, please advise.

[IMG]file:///D:Temp/Image1.jpeg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (179.3 KB, 11 views)
KevTRev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loving, max, questions