SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:35 AM   #1
pnr83
pnr83 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default need help swagway x1

Hello is there any manual of the control board ? I got a replacement hoverboard cover and now don't know where and how the wires are set up . There is this red and black wire I don't know where it's supposed to go . Also I can't turn the hoverboard off . I got those plugged wrong . Any help will be useful thank you . I can take a picture If this would be helpful.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnr83 View Post
Hello is there any manual of the control board ? I got a replacement hoverboard cover and now don't know where and how the wires are set up . There is this red and black wire I don't know where it's supposed to go . Also I can't turn the hoverboard off . I got those plugged wrong . Any help will be useful thank you . I can take a picture If this would be helpful.
This is a Segway forum.....You start talking hoverboards not many people with these new forms of transportation....

(and to many people think if it has 2 wheels and is self balancing its a Segway....it is not)
Old 05-15-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

It is hard to be exactly sure of what is what. I have seen more than just slang call two wheel self balance devices as segways. With the current owners, the name 'Segway' has far less specific definition.

Those of us who came to the debate long ago know exactly what we mean by 'Segway' but those who have come recently have a very different impression.

Remember, Segway Inc sued Ninebot for infringement on the name and technology, and Ninebot bought the company, and therefore they own the name.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
It is hard to be exactly sure of what is what. I have seen more than just slang call two wheel self balance devices as segways. With the current owners, the name 'Segway' has far less specific definition.

Those of us who came to the debate long ago know exactly what we mean by 'Segway' but those who have come recently have a very different impression.

Remember, Segway Inc sued Ninebot for infringement on the name and technology, and Ninebot bought the company, and therefore they own the name.
And Swagway seams the be the big manufacturer these days.....Segway does not have a hover board at all.....They have that new one coming out but its nothing like the Swagway.....

How many articles posted here in the last 9 months called every one of those things Segways......? 75 to 80%?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

The surely are generically called segways. Falls into the Kleenex or wiffle ball category.

I do agree that those small hoverboards are frequently called segways, on that point you are exactly right.

My only thought was that what exactly is and is not a segway is not at all the same as it was 5 years ago, when there were segways and there were copies and other things. Now, the copies and some of the other things own the name.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.