SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
GregRice
GregRice will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Ninebot Sighting

I was at a big South Florida outdoor art festival over the weekend, The Delray Affair, http://delrayaffair.com/. As I was ridding around on my 12 year old P133 with my dog ridding with me I saw my first Ninebot. The gentleman who was on it came up to me to talk. I'm sure a lot of you have seen one but for me it was the first one I've seen. I got to ask him all the questions I've been answering for the last 12 years; How much does it cost? What kind of range do you get from you batteries? What does it weigh? We've all answered those kind of questions. One of the interesting things he asked me was, he asked if I've heard anything about the news Segway is suppose to make in a few days? I ask if he heard it was good news or bad news. He said good news. He also said that with the Lithium batteries on the Ninebot you can fly with them on the machine. Anybody hear that? It was a good looking PT. Lighter than even the P's. More range too. Anybody out here ever ride one, or hear what Segway might be working on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
energetic
energetic is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Which Ninebot model you saw, the single wheel one or the Segway look alike? Haven't heard anything about a new Segway model coming soon.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Proud Member of
Old 04-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

The ninebot owner probably referring to the Segway i2 SE or maybe even the Segway electric bike......

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
GregRice

5 yr Member

The Ninebot I saw this weekend was the Ninebot-E. Looks like our 2 wheel Segways. Here's a link to the model I'm talking about.

http://www.ninebotus.com/ninebot-e/

Old 04-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #5
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRice View Post
The Ninebot I saw this weekend was the Ninebot-E. Looks like our 2 wheel Segways. Here's a link to the model I'm talking about.

http://www.ninebotus.com/ninebot-e/
That's a lot of coin for a China knock off!!!!
I was expecting $1500..... Well I guess there is a sucker born every day!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #6
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Airdale, that is the price from a US distributor. If you wanted to buy a few direct from China, it would be closer to your price of $1500.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 04-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I saw one at the Gadget Show last week. There was one store selling the Ninebot and Airwheel and one selling the Robstep. They were both (almost) adjacent to the Segway UK stand!

I had a quick look but to me they looked like toys compared with the Segway - especially the Camo x2SE on display and the Segway Patroller.

Segway UK didn't seem too concerned.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #8
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default Ninebot FAQs

http://www.ninebotus.com/faq/

Question: How far can I travel on a Ninebot?

Answer: On a fully charged battery (dependent on rider’s weight) travel can range between 14 to 18.5 miles.

Question: How does Ninebot Inc. provide Warranty service?

Answer: Warranty service is provided by the Vendor (seller). If the vendor does not offer Warranty services you will need to contact Ninebot Inc.. You may be required to ship you Ninebot to China for warranty service or repairs.

Question: How many batteries does the Ninebot-E use/have?

Answer: One
Old 04-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

So, even though they claim redundant / backup electronic systems, the machine depends on 1 battery. Segway is truly redundant with 2 batteries.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #10
GregRice

5 yr Member

Well, like hem or not, (the Ninebot), they're now family. Just announced today, Ninebot acquires Segway.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...s-rival-segway

Tags
lithium batteries, ninebot, segway announcement