SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Default New Stirling Generator Will Take Us All Off The Grid

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christop...wer-the-world/

I love it when DK predicts that we will all be using his latest device in ten years.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post

I love it when DK predicts that we will all be using his latest device in ten years.
Yea, Dean's such a fake and a shill... Insulin Pump, Infusion Pump, Portable Dialysis, Water Purification System. He is a total failure as a person.

<rant>If only you were 1/1000 the person Dean is, you'd stop complaining about other people's failures and do something remarkable yourself. How many of your inventions are used daily in Hospitals all over the world? Dean's brother was a Doctor that needed to better regulate drug delivery to children with cancer. So Dean and his team developed the infusion pump.

People continue to publish his statements because his statements still have value. When was the last time your name was published anywhere other than "For a good time call John" in the Men's rest room at the edge of town? I just realized, you do have one important piece of equipment that shares you name. Excuse me while I go use it.</rant>

But then again, I could be wrong.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbackes View Post
[Offensive text removed] But then again, I could be wrong.

jeff

Much of your post violates the terms of service/rules:
"2. Don’t personally attack, bully or harass other members."

No matter how much you dislike John, it's still not very nice to say.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:

I met Dean 10 years or so ago, at the company, and later at his home, related to the segways I have owned. I realize that even though he seem well known for the segway, he has invented and contributed to many, many worthwhile inventions and devices.

I also believe he is personally responsible for more patents than many countries.

4 or so years ago, my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. (Formerly known as Juvenile Diabetes, an auto immune disease that affects his Pancreas)

Today, he wears an infusion pump, that exists because of Dean Kamen and his work and brilliance, that delivers his insulin to him and replaces the 6 to 8 daily shots of insulin injections that he requires / required.

I like my segway, and it has brought me hours of joy, entertainment, and convenience.

That pump has MATERIALLY improved the quality of my son's life. The segway has done the same for many with mobility issues.

JohnM enjoys nattering on about how foolish we are, or how misguided Dean is. I wish he could see some of the good that has come from Dean's inventions, and stop being the troll he enjoys being here so much.

Yes, some enthusiasts see a potential in a Kamen invention, as does he, and sometime the impact is overstated in general terms.

Next time JohnM wants to trash him, I wish he would consider going to the nearest diabetes clinic or physical therapist who works with the mobility impared, and ask those who's lives have been improved by Kamen's inventions just how appropriate his barbs are...

I used to care, and fight back against JohnM's constant attacks here. Now I just feel sorry for his ignorance, and the fact that he chooses to stay that way, and remind us of it so often.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Much of your post violates the terms of service/rules:
"2. Don’t personally attack, bully or harass other members."

No matter how much you dislike John, it's still not very nice to say.
A body should reap what he sows. You should try less to hold Jeff accountable to what he says ( Which I happen to agree with and did not find to be unreasonable nor a violation of the terms of service) and try to hold JohnM more accountable.

When a person comes here to rain on the parade, and you make excuses for it, you only encourage it, and get more of the same.

This is a Segway Enthusiasts forum. I believe that the total of Jeff's contribution in this example is far more uplifting and appropriate to the reason for this forum than JohnM's contribution.

Consider the body of their work, if you choose to take sides.

Long ago, a friend in the army told me that if he does not know a person, but knows who they choose to walk down the street with, he has a pretty good idea of what they are like. Birds of a feather do flock together.

Defend the indefensible, and you marginalize yourself.

Of course, you may feel that none of this applies to you. If that is the case, do not apply it to yourself. The platitudes stand on their own.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Let's agree to revisit this thread in 10 years. It will be good for a laugh.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Inventors are idealist, quite often they are not the businessman and investors, and more often is the greed of businessman who muck up a wonderful invention.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Old 07-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
KSagal

Quote:
Let's agree to revisit this thread in 10 years. It will be good for a laugh.
Why do you choose to not respond to my comments about the quality of life improvements his inventions have made to those who can appreciate them?

Is it because while you like to throw stones, you have no argument for the value of an insulin pump, or a segway that helps to replace lost mobility?

Old 07-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Why do you choose to not respond to my comments about the quality of life improvements his inventions have made to those who can appreciate them?

Is it because while you like to throw stones, you have no argument for the value of an insulin pump, or a segway that helps to replace lost mobility?
Because I will say it again.....He is a troll....that is part of there description...

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
Old 07-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post

The difference is that DK never made statements such as "In 5 years, all diabetics will be wearing this pump" or "injection syringes will be obsolete in 3 years" or "hospitals of the future will be designed around this stent."

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man