SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Cybercat
Cybercat is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Awesome New competitor for Segway

Saw this in the Skymall catalog. You know it's quality, because it has a "tight turning radius of 360-degrees." I believe the Segway's turning radius is at least 480-degrees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.8 KB, 89 views)
Old 06-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
Saw this in the Skymall catalog. You know it's quality, because it has a "tight turning radius of 360-degrees." I believe the Segway's turning radius is at least 480-degrees.
Interesting... I wonder what happens if you try to turn more than 360 degrees? Will there be a calamity?

I wonder if that is a 360 degree maximum per day, or for the life of the scooter?

Perhaps if you turn close to the 360 degrees, you could turn back, to save some of those degrees for a different turn?

If you turn 90 degrees left, then 90 degrees right, is that 180 degrees of turn radius, or 0?

I myself have turned more than 720 degrees at one time on my segway, so I have to presume the 480 degrees is more a suggestion than a limit...

Also, if you do spin in place with a gen 1 segway for several turns, the balance sensor array used to get confused, and the segway would balance at an odd angle for several seconds before righting itself... I do not know if the current segways do the same, or if this even remotely applies to the topic at hand, but thought I would throw it in here anyway...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Everybody knows that the angles of a triangle add up to 360 degrees. This device has three wheels, each on one end of the triangle. Clearly, 360 degrees is the right number.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Interesting... I wonder what happens if you try to turn more than 360 degrees? Will there be a calamity?
Yes, the Earth's rotation will be reversed and we will all be flung into space.

Even bike riders.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Everybody knows that the angles of a triangle add up to 360 degrees. This device has three wheels, each on one end of the triangle. Clearly, 360 degrees is the right number.
Are you saying the wheels are triangles? Won't that give a fairly bumpy ride?

Wait, if the wheels are at the end of a triangle, then the axles must be triangles, not the wheels.

The technology of this scooter seems more complicated all the time!

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Yes, the Earth's rotation will be reversed and we will all be flung into space.

Even bike riders.
Very cute, but if I recall my Superman movies correctly, the effect of reversing the earth's rotation is that we will go back in time, not out into space...

Old 06-27-2014, 06:56 AM   #7
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

If time could be restarted, Segway would be retail at 1500USD, and it can be serviced at local garage as parts are easily replaced and programmed.

There would be Segway lane on the all roads, Segway parking spaces, busses would have internal Segway carry area, train will have Segway storage cart, airplane would have special designed Segway cargo space, all building will use ramp instead of stairs, human would be transporting at very efficient Seg way.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP
Old 06-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #8
Amimoto
Amimoto will become famous soon enoughAmimoto will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Also power supply would be available on all parking and carry spaces, Segway would also develop the super charger circuit onboard for quick 30 minutes top up charge (to 80%)

Old 06-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
Nano-Oil.com
Nano-Oil.com is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amimoto View Post
Also power supply would be available on all parking and carry spaces, Segway would also develop the super charger circuit onboard for quick 30 minutes top up charge (to 80%)

it is theoretically possible to charge Ni Mh battery even faster then 30 minutes at very high current but it relies on being able to super cool the battery cells as this takes place so the Segway battery being totally encased and sealed it is not possible , the heat build up would be tremendous.
I have some 4 volt cells at high amp that I can charge in 90 seconds or less, they are called super capacitors, and the technology in batteries are now going that way, years to come will/should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #10
SegNerd
SegNerd will become famous soon enoughSegNerd will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
I'm not sure if that was a joke, but the angles of a triangle add up to 180 degrees.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/proof180deg.html