SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member
Default vandals tipping smart cars, will Segwaysbe next targets

After reading the attached story, do I now need to worry about vandals/tech protestors someday tipping over my Segway I2.

I know the financial damage done isn't funny, but the thought of someone tipping over a Segway in protest is kind of funny.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/C...ine-80267.html

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the PONY SEAT
Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Sounds fun!

What a great way to get a workout!
I might start lifting Smart cars instead of weights.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Interesting choice for anti-technology folks to attack.

I have only seen normal gas driven Smart Cars. I know they are small, but I did not think they were particularly representative of very high tech in automotive technology.

Maybe a hybrid, or electric car would be more in line with their rebellion, but of course, they also weigh much more. No reason to be accurate, if it will help to cause your hernia.

Messages like this are so often delivered by the easily led, rather than those who actually think...

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
bob yarbrough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Interesting choice for anti-technology folks to attack.

Messages like this are so often delivered by the easily led, rather than those who actually think...

Karl,

Your last paragraph made me think of the the not wearing of helmets by many here who regard it as their right , freedom or privilege. How many are being "easily led" in a similar fashion? Can you picture these people walking barefoot on a snow covered sidewalk for several blocks or miles or walking barefotted across a large stretch of hot sunny sandy beachfront.

Until people start walking in this kind of fashion on a regular basis I find it easy to understand why people are "easily led" by those who
supposedly "actually think".

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

the PONY SEAT
Old 04-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #5
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob yarbrough View Post
Karl,

Can you picture these people walking barefoot on a snow covered sidewalk for several blocks or miles or walking barefotted across a large stretch of hot sunny sandy beachfront.

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

I sure can, I quite enjoy walking on hot beaches and snow.

But that's personal, I'll only live so long, and I'd rather enjoy everything.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Karl,

Your last paragraph made me think of the the not wearing of helmets by many here who regard it as their right , freedom or privilege. How many are being "easily led" in a similar fashion? Can you picture these people walking barefoot on a snow covered sidewalk for several blocks or miles or walking barefotted across a large stretch of hot sunny sandy beachfront.

Until people start walking in this kind of fashion on a regular basis I find it easy to understand why people are "easily led" by those who
supposedly "actually think".

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
Wow!
I should not take the bait, but okay. Who is leading the people who choose not to wear helmets?

And for the record, I do not wear shoes on hot sand. You can get used to it. (But it can be hot or uncomfortable)

I also skydived for years with a man who liked the fact that he never wore shoes. He was a man my age (actually a couple years older) and was basically a non-reformed hippy. He had long hair, and while he did wear a heavy multi colored poncho when it was cold, he always wore shorts, and no shoes. Even in snow. Even skydiving. Having seen him walk thru Massachusetts winters year after year with no shoes on, makes me chuckle at your choice of example...

AND, it is my right, my freedom, and my privilege to choose for myself what I will wear on my head and elsewhere. I will not let you lead me ignorantly into thinking it is your right to choose that for me.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 04-13-2014 at 08:34 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
bob yarbrough

5 yr Member

That is a good question. How and who's being "easily led".

Let's suppose you can identify one, one hundred or one thousand people who can tolerate several blocks or miles of covered snow covered sidewalk or a large sunny hot stretch of beach(and we are not talking about where the sand is wet and cool from the water).
How does the above
statements of bs logics compare for the uS population or for the worlds population.

Why not just string a wire across Niagara Falls and walk across

Why not jump off a two story building be cause that other guy did and survived.

There are reports of people who have jumped from planes with non working parachutes and survived.

These are extreme cases and you both are using the same bs logic.

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

the PONY SEAT
Old 04-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
KSagal

Quote:
That is a good question. How and who's being "easily led".

Let's suppose you can identify one, one hundred or one thousand people who can tolerate several blocks or miles of covered snow covered sidewalk or a large sunny hot stretch of beach(and we are not talking about where the sand is wet and cool from the water).
How does the above
statements of bs logics compare for the uS population or for the worlds population.

Why not just string a wire across Niagara Falls and walk across

Why not jump off a two story building be cause that other guy did and survived.

There are reports of people who have jumped from planes with non working parachutes and survived.

These are extreme cases and you both are using the same bs logic.

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
Bob,

Thanks for the postings. It would have been nice for you to answer the question I posted, "who is leading those who choose not to wear helmets?" It was clearly your choice not to answer.

I happily stand re-aware of your choice to wear a helmet on your segway, and re-aware of your disrespect for those of us who choose not to.

Thanks for the reminder.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
bob yarbrough

5 yr Member

Karl,

As I said, I could care less wether you or anyone else wear a helmet. And again for the record there are no rights, freedoms or privileges in "choosing" to wear or not wear a helmet. It only has to do with exercising common sense. Why do we all not wear shoes(as an example), because we all exercise a certain minimum level of common sense. We all have gone barefoot at times.

Not answering a question. Now that was funny.

You first brought up the "easily led". I brought up
"" How many are being "easily led" in a similar fashion? "". You asked
"" Who is leading the people who choose not to wear helmets? "".

I don't know that they have a declared leader.
But since you seem to be the most vocal about it I would certainly be willing to put your name up for nomination. And if they reject you , you maybe could become their head cheerleader.

And may you also have a nice day.

be safe
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy

the PONY SEAT
Old 04-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
Wow!
I should not take the bait, but okay.
Karl: Not easily led, but easily baited.

(I can't really claim to be significantly harder to bait...)

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.