SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
Marinda159
Marinda159 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New Swagway - Charge Issue - HELP!

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this. Customer service isn't open until Monday. My son got a swagway for Christmas and has maybe been on it for a total of 2 hours off and on before the battery light started blinking red and beeping. I read the manual and it said to plug the charger into the wall first (light on the charger should be green -- it was) then plug it into the swagway (I did) the light on the charger should have changed to red, then when fully charged change to green. The light on the charger always stayed green. I charged it for an hour (states 2-3 max), turned it on ... the battery light was flashing green constantly on the swagway. I left it charging for another hour... same thing green blinking light (which in the manual states it's at 50%). I then left it charging for the last hour, unplugged it. The battery light was green - not blinking anymore but shortly after my son got on it, it quickly changed to blinking red and beeping again. I am thinking I will have to send it back and get a new one. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? TIA!!
Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinda159 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this. Customer service isn't open until Monday. My son got a swagway for Christmas and has maybe been on it for a total of 2 hours off and on before the battery light started blinking red and beeping. I read the manual and it said to plug the charger into the wall first (light on the charger should be green -- it was) then plug it into the swagway (I did) the light on the charger should have changed to red, then when fully charged change to green. The light on the charger always stayed green. I charged it for an hour (states 2-3 max), turned it on ... the battery light was flashing green constantly on the swagway. I left it charging for another hour... same thing green blinking light (which in the manual states it's at 50%). I then left it charging for the last hour, unplugged it. The battery light was green - not blinking anymore but shortly after my son got on it, it quickly changed to blinking red and beeping again. I am thinking I will have to send it back and get a new one. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? TIA!!
Are you sure its a Segway?
That dont sound like the charging process?
Does it say i2 or X2 on the leansteer shaft..
Old 12-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #3
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

sounds like a hoverboard to me who did you buy it from?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #4
dudeman1961
dudeman1961 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Swagway is hoverboard

We are the Segway people, not the hoverboarders, sorry...
Old 12-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I just put 2+2 together....

He has it by its name, SWAGWAY....not SEGWAY...

I watched my local news today and I could that name on the box....

This may really hurt the Segway name with problems like this and no firm line divided between the 2?

Tags
battery charger, battery charging