SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 01-18-2003, 08:29 PM   #21
BruceWright
Advanced Member
BruceWright is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

SR, I can't picture what you mean about a semi-hard outside. Is there a current case with semi-hard outsides and foam inside that collapses?

I myself just meant a hardcase on wheels that you could drag through the airport.
BruceWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:22 PM   #22
motleyorc
motleyorc

5 yr Member

I'd love to see somebody come up with a way to attach your golf clubs to the Segway. What a great golf "cart" that would be!

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphu that thoughts acquire speed, that lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."
motleyorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:34 PM   #23
BruceWright
Advanced Member
BruceWright is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Here's what I'm thinking:

http://www.caseclub.com/ata_wheel.htm

They also make custom cases. With the wheeled case, when you got to your destination you could remove the segway and transfer your luggage into the case, and wheel it behind you!

What are the dimensions of a Segway with the handle detatched? What about the handle itself. Could they both fit in one of these cases, along with an allen wrench and a power cord?

BruceWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:52 AM   #24
SegwayRealtor
SegwayRealtor

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BruceWright

SR, I can't picture what you mean about a semi-hard outside. Is there a current case with semi-hard outsides and foam inside that collapses?

I myself just meant a hardcase on wheels that you could drag through the airport.
I was thinking of an outer case similar to neopreme gortex or vynal.
SegwayRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:06 AM   #25
SegwayRealtor
SegwayRealtor

5 yr Member

XM Radio just came out with a boombox type radio for the great xm pure digital system. Perhaps they could come out with a smaller version that could be attacted to the drive arm. Wouldn't it be nice to hear xm as you drive down the road!
SegwayRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:14 AM   #26
pt
Advanced Member
pt has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member

hmm,

i might be putting on my "pt might need to lighten up hat" ;-] but i don't think it's a good idea to have music playing when on a segway ht, ears-eyes and all other senses should be 100% on the glide.

that said, the xm boombox is perfect for when you get to your destination with your ht, i'm thinking of getting one.

cheers,
pt

http://www.bookofseg.com
pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:59 AM   #27
Alan Travis
Alan Travis

5 yr Member

I would like a Power Plug for 12 volts avail at the front of the base and
on the center of the T-Bar. I also would like to be able to mount an extra battery to the top of each fender. I would like the generation 2 batteries to have an external plug that would allow an 18 inch jumper to be connected from each battery in the base to their counterpart located above each fender. This also would be useful for jumping a second SEGWAY.
. I have over 150 interior lights in our building that are 18 foot from the floor. My first commercial use for our SEGWAYS are to help us change our burnt out bulbs in the resessed cans. I have allready made "L" mounts for a 16 foot fiberglass ladder. I have installed size 11 motorcycle boots over the "L" mounts. I hope to save lots of time and be able to stay at the top of the ladder and change all the bad bulbs. I plan to place the ladder on the deck of the SEGWAY and strap the handlebar to the ladder. I hope that when I lean I can glide safely to each bad bulb. All the bulbs are in 2 rows so I should be able to do a row at a time. The acc. that would make jobs like this easier would be a foot plate with a couple 2 inch receivers. This plate could be attached over the existing foot plate.
Thanks for starting this thread,......Alan Travis

GET A GARMIN or get lost!!
Alan Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 04:14 AM   #28
toybuilder
toybuilder is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Headlights, tailights, and a cord reel (like on vacuum cleaners) would be nice!
toybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:31 AM   #29
emanresu
emanresu

5 yr Member

Wait a minute!!! An 18 foot ladder on a Segway? And you'll be on it?
emanresu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:03 PM   #30
Alan Travis
Alan Travis

5 yr Member

Yes, I will be moving slowly and I will make sure it is fully charged so it will be at max performance. I will use the Demo, Black key.
Thanks,.......Alan
Alan Travis is offline   Reply With Quote