SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 05-29-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Join Us!-No Barriers Summit 2015

Experience Mobility by Segs4Vets

Presented by Segs4Vets

Located in Innovation Village – sign up onsite to try out a Segway!
Experience the magic of mobility through universally-designed dynamic stabilization. This clinic is an opportunity for participants to explore and feel how these universally designed self-balancing mobility devices can enhance one’s independence and quality of life. Segs4Vets expert trainers will assess your personal mobility needs upon check in and offer you an experience on either an ALLY Chair or a Segway. Stop by the Segs4Vets trailer located at the entrance of Innovation Village to sign up for a 25-minute training session and to find out more about the Segs4Vets program.

Register for the Summit Today!

http://www.nobarrierssummit.org
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #2
Pkelley
Pkelley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I am not sure what goes on at a no barriers summit. The registration page does not come out and say what the goal is or even were the event is. I do know what segs4vets is and I promote the organization at every opportunity. If you have any more info let me know I would like to swap stories an tell lies of life and love with fellow vets and segers.
Pkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
Gimpy guy
Gimpy guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

No Barriers summit is a meeting of those who are not defined by their disability. Those who strive to overcome whatever "barrier" they may have. Not just Segways and soldiers, that's just a small part. Young, old ,broken and healthy. Emerging technologies and the people that create them. "Bad ***" crips that climb mountains , paddle white water, walk rope bridges etal and the oppertunity to try to do some of the same.

If you click on the OPs link and look around you'll find a schedule of events, location and mission. It's all there.

It's also not only what the summit brings to you but to what you bring to the summit. Those that have found a way helping others who have yet found their place. I've been to two but can't make it this year, I'll miss it.

Last edited by Gimpy guy; 05-31-2015 at 07:49 AM..
Gimpy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Pkelley
Pkelley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Thank's
Park city UT just out my back door
Pkelley is offline   Reply With Quote