SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
For all of you who don't want to get moderated,... <snip>
Don't they say "everythig in moderation?"

Bill
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
Don't they say "everythig in moderation?"

Bill
Don't pun-ish the poor guy, he just started the job.
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
doctorkurtschleg
doctorkurtschleg is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Welcome aboard Florin! It enriches us all to have your insight from the other side of the pond.
doctorkurtschleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #14
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
I like sites that use the infraction system. It has historically never been used here and every site has the punishment "payout" for infractions configured differently. If you intend to pioneer its use here, I think you should think about how you want infractions to work, and then publish this info. It would also be nice to enable the infraction log thread.
It's also still new for me, I'm trying to get some more info about it and find out how it works. I just noticed an additional icon next to every post, it looks like a yellow and red card, just like you see with soccer games. The label of the icon mentions user infraction. Not knowing what it is, I have googled for it and found a interesting web page: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/user_infractions

As soon as I have figured out how it exactly works and what the levels are for this website, I intend to post some more info here.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #15
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
Don't pun-ish the poor guy, he just started the job.
-segsurfer
Thanks segsurfer for defending me

Although my english is pretty good, people please don't forget that I'm not native english speaking and might not understand all the jokes (like Bill's joke).

Florin
Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #16
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Florin! Good Luck! I'm sure you'll handle it with aplomb!

Sal
Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #17
florin
The Gliding Dutchman

Default That's all folks

After the recent discussions on this forum and the extra talk I have had about it with the other moderators, I have to come to the conclusion that we aren't sharing the same vision.

Not having the same vision for SegwayChat is difficult and will cause frustrations on the long run. And that's not worth it for me. I rather maintain our good friendship.

The fact that we aren't having the same vision, plus the PMs I have received from people nagging about the TOS and ather things have decided me to change my role on SegwayChat from moderator back to a normal user.

Florin
Old 07-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Thanks for giving it a try Florin

Its not an easy job, that is for sure.

A wise person once said.

Everyone's Friend is Everyone's Fool.

And sadly as a Moderator you can't be everyone's friend.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Post R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
For all of you who don't want to get moderated, and are wondering about the rules (I got some questions about it via PM), you can find the rules here: http://www.segwaychat.com/sc/tos/

Please make sure to read section 8, I think you can summarize it to:
- respect others and their believes/opinion/religion/etc.,
- common sense (what you don't like your self, don't do it to others),
- don't harm anybody and/or their business (including Inc.'s) by publishing info that shouldn't be public.
Another fly on the wall aye?

Florin I like you, I think we met at segfest Long Beach. If I remember right you were really tall. I believe you will work out just fine here. My opinion carries about 50% of my bite. I was raised a catholic, still practice. I ran over my dogs foot the other day, had a really lackadasical biz partner which made my biz fail, Really don't care what Inc.'s you use I use a pencil most of time. Everybody makes mistakes.

Have a nice day.

Crash

Last edited by Mr_Laurenzano; 07-26-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: ...did I say day? I ment Stay.
Mr_Laurenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #20
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Good luck, Florin.

I'd guess that if some of the other moderators had shared your personal vision for how the site should be moderated, there would have been much less flack about the Terms of Service.

The TOS are supposed to be "THE" rules, after all. As it is, they are used a hammer at some times, "sort of a guideline" at others, and occasionally completely ignored.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote