SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #21
stauff55
stauff55 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default State Park Woes

I was all set to start a tour in a state park. Park management was ok but it got rejected at the state level. Anyone working in a state park that can give me some guidance on how to change some minds would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
stauff55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #22
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stauff55 View Post
I was all set to start a tour in a state park. Park management was ok but it got rejected at the state level. Anyone working in a state park that can give me some guidance on how to change some minds would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
There are tours at Angel Island State Park here in California (SF Bay). They were originally run by Segway of Oakland. Steve Steinberg there might be able to give you some suggestions and insights, though, of course, CA != NY.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
Arele
Arele is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Woodridge Segway Tours

Hi Tom -
We're woodridgesegwaytours.com wanted to know if you have a simple rental agreement I can look at see if it differs from the one Im looking to use in a month.
We have 250,000 visitors coming to the area on the website and we are excited starting our first season with 20 units.

We also will be renting and shipping our units to about 50 camps in the area - this is for night activity for the kids to ride on lit basketball courts or indoor gyms - do you have any thoughts how I might make that activity more interesting rather than have them just go in circles like an obstacle course or something what would I need to bring with to make it more interesting.

I can be reached at Ari@regencymang.com
Arele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
stinggray
stinggray will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stauff55 View Post

Thanks,
Rich
You might want to talk to http://www.ecomotiontours.com/ I believe they were one of the first tours in a state park.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stinggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #25
deifos
deifos is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi Tom, I'm currently working on a project to start a new segway business tour in Colombia South America, my friend and I, already have a business plan and have already acquired the proper permits to move the segways around the area. however I have a few questions and I would really appreciate if you could assist, my friend has already talk to the person incharge of segway tours Puerto Rico but I would also like to talk to someone with experience on my end.

I see that your posting is pretty old but I hope you are still around.

All the best.
deifos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #26
falerna
falerna is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I am contemplating becoming a Segway dealer and tour operator, in a major US metropolitan area that presently has no dealer and only one tour in the city. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on the business perspective of starting and operating such a venture? I am no stranger to business operations and marketing, and I believe that many opportunities exist for sales, service, and tours, for both individuals and businesses. Are there any rules-of-thumb for percentages of sales vs service vs tour revenue? Can revenue be predicted based on the number of machines being operated, the size of the local population, or the number of tourists? I am prepared to make this a full time job, if I can get the numbers to work.

I have owned an i2 for almost a year after becoming disabled, and it is one of the most amazing machines I've ever encountered. To make a living from this would be a dream come true. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
falerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #27
SegNation
SegNation is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segay tour company/dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by falerna View Post
I am contemplating becoming a Segway dealer and tour operator, in a major US metropolitan area that presently has no dealer and only one tour in the city. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on the business perspective of starting and operating such a venture? I am no stranger to business operations and marketing, and I believe that many opportunities exist for sales, service, and tours, for both individuals and businesses. Are there any rules-of-thumb for percentages of sales vs service vs tour revenue? Can revenue be predicted based on the number of machines being operated, the size of the local population, or the number of tourists? I am prepared to make this a full time job, if I can get the numbers to work.

I have owned an i2 for almost a year after becoming disabled, and it is one of the most amazing machines I've ever encountered. To make a living from this would be a dream come true. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Getting into the Segway tour arena can be very rewarding financially and personally. I love running my company and we are growing very quickly.

The first thing you should do is contact Segway Inc about starting a dealership in your area. I would recommend starting with a reasonable number of Segways (6-10) and focus on marketing to hotels and visitor centers. I personally know several dealers, and you will have to sell quite a few units before turning a profit, so be aware of that and focus much of your marketing efforts on building your tour business.

Create a business plan and keep a close eye on your competition. Take several tours with your direct competition and a few more tours with companies in other cities. I have found it very useful to create a partnership relationship with a couple competitors and my dealer, and this helps me to book larger parties (sharing Segways) and prevents us from undercutting each others pricing too much.

I see that you plan on making this a full-time job. Excellent decision!!! It will be very tough the first 6 months, so plan on being in the red financially for at least that long. Once you start to grow a customer base, sales will start to flow in from repeat customers, hotels, conventions and corporate events and team-buildings.

Best of luck!

Christopher L Clary
Segway Nation
www.SegwayNationInc.com
SegNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #28
843Swegways
843Swegways is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

New to the site, wanted to say hello. Im conducting a research study on the segway rental business in various locations, including The US, South Africa, London, and Spain. im covering everything from GPD to segway imports/exports, population, business concept, forecasted financial spread sheets, etc. if anyone could give me any help/stats/info on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. i will bill more than happy to share the final product with everyone, it should provide some really useful market analysis for everyone to use. Im mainly focusing on the US, but will cover the other areas as well. i appreciate any/all help. thanks!
843Swegways is offline   Reply With Quote