SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Chrisfer75
Chrisfer75 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway tours in Argentina - Business Plan

Hi everybody.

My name is Cristian and I'm planning to launch a segway tour service in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In order to do this I'm also developing a business plan.

And when I come to the point of define how many segway do I need from the very beginning, I came across with your community and I learnt a lot form your posts.
But based on your experiences, which is the optimum number of segway during the start up of the business.
And my other question is once you get to an on going level how is your level of occupancy?

To give you an idea there is no segway tours in buenos Aires and we receive more than 2 million international visitors per year.

Thanks in advance for your time and help
Chrisfer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
MiamiBeachPatrol
MiamiBeachPatrol is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Christian,

I'm not logged-in to Segwaychat that often... so if I don't get back to you for awhile, drop me a line on my website SegwaySouthBeach.com
To be in business you should have at least 3 segways.
My advice would be to buy 1 for pleasure now (you can find them periodically in the usa on craigslist or elsewhere USED for around $3,500 usd... I don't know about argentina)
Buy only a 2nd generation one.

Ride it around... make sure the place you'd like to have a tour doesn't restrict its use. (Many places do!)---- THEN do your little "business plan".

Michael
MiamiBeachPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
AggiePhil
AggiePhil is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Tagged....
AggiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Chrisfer75
Chrisfer75 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Thanks Michael

Thanks Michael for your responce.

I think that local authority approvals are key. I'm trying to get a contact in the local government that could confirm if there is any restriction for riding in public areas.

I will confirm this first before I keep on going.

In Argentina a used segway is above 5000/6000 usd

Thanks
Chrisfer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
startup
startup is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfer75 View Post
Hi everybody.

My name is Cristian and I'm planning to launch a segway tour service in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In order to do this I'm also developing a business plan.

And when I come to the point of define how many segway do I need from the very beginning, I came across with your community and I learnt a lot form your posts.
But based on your experiences, which is the optimum number of segway during the start up of the business.
And my other question is once you get to an on going level how is your level of occupancy?

To give you an idea there is no segway tours in buenos Aires and we receive more than 2 million international visitors per year.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

I started my business with 7 Segways and that was too many. I'd suggest 5 - 1 for guide and 4 for guests. You can quickly add more as demand grows. I also STRONGLY agree with someone's post above that suggested buying only Gen 2s for a business! In my opinion, it's much easier to train guests/new riders on the Gen 2 models. Since safety was of primary concern for my tour business, I wanted the guests to learn quickly, feel confident, and be thoroughly trained before starting the tour. Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
startup is offline   Reply With Quote