SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
normbear
normbear is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default New old guy from Oakland

Hey Everybody,
I bought my first Segway, an I2, on Sunday, and only have 9 miles on it so far. I live in the Grand Lake neighborhood, and can walk to 3 grocery stores, 30-odd restaurants, banks, etc. I'm retired, and got rid of my car in September because I was only driving it a couple of times a month. I joined Zipcar, but I've really only needed to use it a couple of times. Finally, though, it was just taking too long to walk everywhere, and I found myself putting things off because I didn't want to take the time--I've got too many projects that I want to spend time on. So I was thinking it would be pratical, which it is turning out to be. But it is also fantastic fun! I'm too practical to buy such an expensive toy, but it seems the best toy I ever had is included with the package. I'm tickled.
Thanks for the great info. I've got questions I'll be posting soon.
Norm
Old 05-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default !!!!!!Norm!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Cheers reference.

Welcome to the family....

FYI, my wife wanted to reply to your post by writing the "NORM!" Cheers reference, but did not succumb to the urge.

Just proves what I have always known: I'm funnier (or more annoying). he he he

-Sal
Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Welcome to the family! We should get a group glide going. JRWilcox and I are going up to Segway of Oakland this Saturday... Any interest in a glide around the lake?

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Welcome, Norm! Ask away - someone will have an answer (or, if not an answer, at least an opinion .
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
(or, if not an answer, at least an opinion .
Pam
(Or six!! Or sixty!!!!)

Welcome, Norm!

Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
LibertySegway
LibertySegway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player

Hi Norm

Welcome to the fold. Always nice to hear about new owners, especially in the Bay Area. Ok Sac is a bit far to be considered the Bay Area but we go down to SF and SJ fairly often and I;m an SF transplant. Not all that far away.

Hope your Seg brings you many miles of happiness!

- Sherry / Liberty Segway LLC
LibertySegway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #7
normbear
normbear is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Aww Gee Whiz

I got a huge grin from all the friendly welcomes What a nice fringe benefit to buying a Segway. The Cheers NORM! reference is always a kick--what a great goodwill ambassador for all us Norms.

Jeff, thanks for the offer of a glide, but I didn't check the forum till Saturday night--too late. I was pretty booked up today, anyway, including a stop by Segway of Oakland, too. Sorry I missed you. After an 8-mile glide a couple of days ago and reading all the endorsements here for the comfort pads, I decided to spring for a set, which they had in stock--big improvement.

Thanks to everyone for the greetings. I'm starting to feel at home already.

Norm