SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
julesdarcy
julesdarcy

5 yr Member
Default T3

Has anybody seen these?

http://www.t3motion.com/news.html
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Q's with a rentacop attitude

I think they have shown up here before.

They do not look really sidewalk or pedestrian friendly.

Makes the Segway look even better to those little old ladies and dogs that I am always hearing that we scare off.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
IcanGlide
IcanGlide is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Maybe that's the ticket for the House of Mouse? I'm kidding! I agree, the Segway looks real good next to that thing.

Frank
Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
outside

Default T3

Looking at one of the videos, the news reporter said it goes 25 miles per hour. Looks like it won't pass the new law for a personal mobility device. There is a guy that lives someplace around me that I've seen standing on a three-wheel device. It doesn't have a front plate on it like the ones in the video. It looks like something he might have invented himself. That said, the t3 videos are very interesting. I hadn't seen it before.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

our community has "events" downtown evey weekend and the event planner used to cruise around in a nice red i180, but last month her boss repossessed it and now she has something that is something between this thing and a seg. It is almost the same footprint as a seg, but has three wheels and it uses a bike-like handlebar with handbrakes. She dislikes it because it doesn't go backward and its wheels are too tiny for most bumps, even those in wheelchair ramps. I wonder if what she has is a non-police version of this gizmo?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Bill,

What you just described sounds like the Q, the first Segway knockoff (cheap one at that!).

Steven
Old 03-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

very similar to that, but that's not it (http://www.rad2go.com/q.htm)

It is apparently called a Zappy3(http://www.zapworld.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=1470)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 03-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Ah yes, we have those here. Some of the EMS teams here ride them, especially in the convention center and malls. When they bought them they thought they had Segways!

Steven
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #9
RAY-NER
RAY-NER is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Supplement

In addition to my new i2, I also own a RAD2GO "Great White" that has an 800 watt motor and a max. speed of 22 mph. This is one of the most powerful electric scooters on the market and the price is right. I've had mine almost five years with only one replacement of the batteries. RAY-NER

http://www.rad2go.com/greatwhiteseat.htm
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #10
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Coporate memory is as short as their ____s. I remember most police departments used 3 wheeled vehicles. But they quit. Why? Because they fell over when you turned them. Harley has made some new ones with a big frame sticking out so if you turn too fast it scrapes the ground and you probably won't turn over.

After they lose a few cops when they turn their T3 at 25 mph they will "decide" three wheels aren't the solution. Of course the ocifers will sue T3 Motion and go on Workers comp permanently for neck and back pain.

Sorry if I sound skeptical. I work in industrial medicine, take care of city workers, and own Segways.

Marty

800px-San_Francisco_Parking_Attendant_Vehicle[1]web.jpg