SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #11
ions82
ions82

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
I can't imagine anything 'easier to ride' than an I2 Seg - Once you get proficient on it, it's like an extension of your body - Completely natural

Don

This. I am a new owner (but longtime lurker/admirer.) Today, I took my new-to-me i2 out for the maiden voyage. I am partially paralyzed, so I don't have full use/sensation/function in my legs. However, as Don mentioned, it immediately felt as though it was part of my body. In fact, I find it much easier to make the Seg do what I want than it is to control my uncooperative legs. Between my legs, my wheelchair, and the Segway, the latter is, by far and away, the most "graceful" of the three. What an amazing invention.

In regard to the Airwheel, I can't imagine that the programming and subtleties in control can be on par with the Segway. I am an inexperienced rider, and I had complete confidence in this machine as I navigated uneven surfaces, cracked pavement and sidewalks, and even a small (3-inch) curb. The Segway is definitely a quality machine that has all of the kinks worked out. The Airwheel models are incredibly cheap, but it's also a bit worrying. They are not unlike bicycles, really. I am a bike nut, and my mother asked about a bicycle she saw on Amazon for under $200/shipped. I warned her against it, but she bought it anyway. It ended up being heavy as heck and just plain impractical. It has collected a lot of dust. As mentioned, you often get what you pay for. In my case, I got WAY more than what I paid for (got the Seg for a song.) I'm glad I went with the Segway.
ions82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #12
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
I thought we had a few Airwheel owners here?
They said were difficult to ride, and couldn't really be compared?
I think the Ninebot E is a better comparison...
Airwheel S3 http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/im...=1452094148567

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #13
HanJohnson
HanJohnson is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I have had several clones of segway. I currently have 2 airwheel s3. They have been working fine for 4 years. I have only tried a "real" segway.
I have been impressed with the quality of the airwheel. And where i love i can buy 8 airwheel for 1 segway.
The segway is king. If you are going outdoor on anything else than smooth surface i would prefer the segway. But for anything else the Airwheel is super.
HanJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:44 AM   #14
dorrington
dorrington is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Whoa!..that Airwheel looks so awkward and uncomfortable......

I don't mean to upset any s3 owners but I don't like the way it looks like it rides..
dorrington is offline   Reply With Quote