SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #21
lilnyc
lilnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Your recap brings tears to my eyes. I was partially run over by an SUV while walking three years ago. My Segway i2 has been collecting dust, and honestly, it's time for me to let it go also.

People ask how my physical injuries are healing. Fine. It's the emotional scars. It took years to feel comfortable crossing the street again. Like your wife, my mom really dislikes the idea of my using my MiniPro or any of my e-scooters although my accident wasn't on any of those.

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to let you know I kind of relate and am wishing you healing.
lilnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #22
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Thanks, Lil. I’ve always enjoyed your posts.

Sorry to hear about your accident, and that’s it’s still affecting you emotionally. The emotional healing can be harder than the physical, and take longer.

At first, I thought I’d really miss gliding but, surprisingly, I haven’t. It’s even a little scary to contemplate now.

I’d bet you’ve found something else to be passionate about, and I hope it brings you as much joy as the Segway has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnyc View Post
Your recap brings tears to my eyes. I was partially run over by an SUV while walking three years ago. My Segway i2 has been collecting dust, and honestly, it's time for me to let it go also.

People ask how my physical injuries are healing. Fine. It's the emotional scars. It took years to feel comfortable crossing the street again. Like your wife, my mom really dislikes the idea of my using my MiniPro or any of my e-scooters although my accident wasn't on any of those.

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to let you know I kind of relate and am wishing you healing.