SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default New Posts Link

I'd like to see if a New Posts link can be added at the bottom of the page you are viewing in addition to the one at the top?

It makes it easier when you reach the end of the thread to get there, rather than paging up to the top to get the the button. Sometimes the pages can get rather long, especially when posters quote previous posters throughout the thread.

The thread pages link is available at the bottom as well as the top.

Just a thought.
DarthSegVator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSegVator View Post
I'd like to see if a New Posts link can be added at the bottom of the page you are viewing in addition to the one at the top?

It makes it easier when you reach the end of the thread to get there, rather than paging up to the top to get the the button. Sometimes the pages can get rather long, especially when posters quote previous posters throughout the thread.

The thread pages link is available at the bottom as well as the top.

Just a thought.
All it takes is a [Control-Home] and you're back at the top in one (dual)keypress.
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
All it takes is a [Control-Home] and you're back at the top in one (dual)keypress.
And then it is several tabs and and an enter key to actually click the link. Unless you're on a laptop, when you are going for speed you want to keep your flow all keyboard or all mouse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I have the link to new posts as a favourite with a shortcut key (using IE). I just hit Ctrl+Alt+N and the latest posts are loaded.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
And then it is several tabs and and an enter key to actually click the link. Unless you're on a laptop, when you are going for speed you want to keep your flow all keyboard or all mouse.
Since the OP had mentioned paging to the top, I had assumed keyboard use. If you are mousing, simply dragging the "elevator" to the top of the vertical scroll bar accomplishes the same thing in one movement.

Frankly, I find it quicker to use the thumb/index-finger [Control-Home] and then return my hand to the mouse to continue. I also frequently use my left hand for the [Escape] key and leave my right on the mouse.

I merely offer suggestions, I don't try to tell everyone how they should use their computer. I kind of think they may have a better idea of what works for them than I do. You may feel otherwise.
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote