SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
mimerson
mimerson is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default ninebot elite battery issue! can anyone help?

Been getting this error message
Output of battery 2 error - protection against overcharging disconnecting and short circuiting

I presume i need a new battery, the issue is I am finding these very hard to get in the UK. think i might have to open up the battery and replace some cells - has anyone done this - can anyone offer any help or advice?
mimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Ninebot-PTR-Elite+
Ninebot-PTR-Elite+ is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Had been searching for modestly priced rebuilt packs in the US with no success. Finally ended up doing a pack rebuild on my own. Found the exact OEM 18650 LG Cells out of Korea for $230USD for the 60 cells. Pure nickel stripping and cell holders cost another $30, but was able to reuse the original 15S2P BMS's which both reset nicely. I already had the spot welder. The "new" LG cells were from a 2016 mfg batch and equally charged at 3.7Volt give or take .04

I have been running the pack for six weeks now. Working like a new pack - of course it almost is new!

Just here to say that rebuilding a Ninebot battery pack can be done by "carefully" following guidance found online and Youtube. Learn from other people's mistakes and successes.

I did have someone standing by with fire extinguisher and I wore gloves, eye protection and full face shield while working with the packs. Spot welding batteries can go smoothly and easy until IT DOES NOT! I had no problems , but took my time and checked and double checked polarity, wiring positions, placement BEFORE every weld.

I will rebuild all my packs from now on, but will try to maintain the same "sense of danger " as I did doing the first pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1943.jpg (189.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1952.jpg (179.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1974.jpg (176.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1953.jpg (191.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2016.jpg (184.9 KB, 4 views)
Ninebot-PTR-Elite+ is offline   Reply With Quote