SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-06-2003, 08:14 PM   #81
2totango
2totango

5 yr Member

Thank you drucilla and GadgetmanKen. At least someone took me seriously. Forgive my late reply.

drucilla, what could be more off-putting to a kid than a lawnmower. Wonderful!

GadgetmanKen, a chariot, however, might be too exciting altogether. And the horses needed to complete the illusion would cost too much to feed.
2totango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:28 PM   #82
Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Just back from Waikiki. We go every year. I want luggage to go as checked baggage on a plane. The Segs wheels sticking thru or inside a suitcase with wheels and a pullout handle....probably two piece...one for the wheels and base and one for the handle. Be nice if it collapsed flat......but someone threw me a curve saying 70 pounds was the Airline limit! Our existing luggage usually weighs around 46 pounds each (2 of us). What to do? We see lots of surfboards, long ski's etc checked, but not heavier weights like the Seg. The Seg will be a Godsend for ME. I am 81 and in good health, but can't walk very far. Still do a 180 in my DeLorean, ride my bike no hands ANYWHERE and fly a RC Helicopter.

Murray Fisher
Murray Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:39 PM   #83
pt
Advanced Member
pt has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond reputept has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member

you can take the ht apart, ship in 2 suitcases to get under the 70lb limit. i think taking the shaft and batteries off gets you there without any problems.

cheers,
pt

http://www.bookofseg.com
pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:34 AM   #84
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member

I know I'm being a pain in the hindquarters, but I sure would like those i-Series wheels with the gray-silver color, just like the original pictures and on the Amazon page ...

Yeah, I know, they're old pictures. Just thought I'd ask one last time ... <sheepish grin>

In any case, I'll be GLIDING with my pal the G-Master soon. You know, that guy with the SEGWAY license plate ... I think that Illinois license plate may be showing up in Bedford before long if all goes as hoped and planned.

Like I've said before, it's been a long road. And a long wait. For some of us, it's been a few months. For others, it's been a couple of years.

Frank, PT, and so many others have only just started up the road that's ahead of us. They're a hard act to follow, but let's get after 'em and show 'em what we can do, out there on the sidewalks of America. All 50 States.

There's no time more exciting than this!

Broo

Brooster
Brooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #85
BoscoBob
BoscoBob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default From the aircraft boys...

No, not wings...

I do a lot of riding at night, or at least dim lighting. I have two lights mounted to the cargo rack on each side of my i2. Great light, but...it only lights up a point of light. I have them adjusted so the beams are side-by-side, but still a beam. I would love a more "broadcast" light.

A piece of plastic, milled with a double cove the could be RTV'd to the front of the steering column, to give a flat surface with these attached to the plastic. A small LiPo motorcycle battery could be mounted on a holder.

I imagine a fairly large area of lighted pavement.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #86
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

BoscoBob,
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #87
rikanderson
rikanderson is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

A kiosk shell to provide more visibility for mobile information booths. We had one on our old model, but it wouldn't fit on the new style.
rikanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #88
BlastaMasta
BlastaMasta is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking

Just got a ES2 Kickscooter and it's purrrrrrrrfect!
One thing that could come in handy for commute is a mirror... and maybe a bottle cage, very convenient to hold a can of beer!
BlastaMasta is offline   Reply With Quote