SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
llipscomb
llipscomb is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Hello all - new (almost)i2 owner

Well, my wife and I did it - we ordered 2 i2s from Sams and are now counting the time until they arrive . . . well, we think we ordered them. Sam's site is a little light on useability.

Now that it's done, does anyone have insights on whether we made a good choice by buying from Sam's.

Regardless, our first and only Segway ride was wonderful and we've been wanting our own since.
llipscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
mark1qhorsey
mark1qhorsey is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Geesh, they should send you email confirmation of your order? A dealer does
avoid this kind of problem. Of course, if you don't like the dealer closest by, then
by all means.
mark1qhorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Well, as they say in business school, "Price does have its appeal." Enjoy your rides and keep us posted on how the delivery goes.

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Great news

Hook up with SegSurfer and SegSailor, they are in Charlottesville, or as we say SegVille!

Plus they are affiliated with Segway of Annapolis, so they will be able to help you if you need dealer service, as there really is no dealer in your neck of the woods.

On the Sam's Club Segways, did the price rise on them July 1, like they did at Segway dealers? Or did you beat that date on your order?
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Looks like you will have some support down there in the VA Mountains

SegSailor and SegSurfer about to open their shop in Crozet

http://www.seg-ville.com/
Old 07-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
Froley
Froley is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Good luck and enjoy your new rides---
I am also awaiting a mid july delivery from a dealer n my state and understand that waiting is the most difficult part---congratulations and enjoy.
Froley
Froley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
NotQuiteCode3
NotQuiteCode3 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I took a look at the seg-ville site. There are three photos on the left side of the page. The center photo shows a type of stand I haven't seen. It looks very nice! Has anyone seen it, and do you know where it came from?

Lynn

NotQuiteCode3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
wwhopper
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking Know where it came from??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuiteCode3 View Post
I took a look at the seg-ville site. There are three photos on the left side of the page. The center photo shows a type of stand I haven't seen. It looks very nice! Has anyone seen it, and do you know where it came from?

Lynn

Not only do I know where it came from, but I was there when it was taken.

It was funny they were trying to figure out how to show a Segway commuter in that part of DC, and there was a guy in a suit on a bike, who got off, and locked up his bike and then went into his house. I said that is the image you want. So they said Will go stand over there and do what he was doing. Thus the photo!

Now it is historical as that parking stand never came to market!
Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile Welcome to segway chat llipscomb

I you are in need of accessories or maintenance please don't hesitate to call, we will be more than happy to help you out.
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote