SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #31
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I'm not sure they'd want to use our userbase - maybe our active members (i.e. has posted x number of posts), if it could be done that way. I spend a great deal of my time trying to weed out spammers - we must get hit with 10-20 a day trying to set up accounts. I delete all the really obvious ones (all the ones with s*e*x*X*X in their user names) but the only other option I have is to approve everyone I'm not sure up and put them all on moderation until I see what kinds of posts they post. I've just about got 3 DNS names figured out as the main problems. But, to pull this back to the thread, I would suggest that IF we can use the vBulletin database, it be only people who have posted x number of posts.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #32
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I'm thinking of adding something like this to my campaign website so that stores, malls, attractions, etc., can be listed. I'm thinking of going one step further and inviting such places to formally accept a position of Segway friendliness:-

Gold - you can glide in-store with charging available
Silver - you're welcome to push your seg around, charging available
Bronze - you can push your seg around the store.
(something along these lines)

Does it sound feasible to you guys? Is it something I can integrate into the Wiki?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:09 AM   #33
kitto
kitto is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Good idea...

Funny, I had a similar idea recently and set up my wiki, too. It would be great to be able to know, ahead of time, how Segway friendly a place might be.

I just discovered this forum recently, even after owning a couple Segs for the past few years.

My segway pages (open wiki) are here: http://www.metakitto.com/doku.php?id=segway:segway, along with the smallest beginnings of a list of cities, private property, etc.

This is not intended to take away from anybody else's efforts... just getting the information out there anywhere and in any form is great, so we can search for it when we need it.
kitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #34
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Changes to California Cities.

I thought it would be easier if each city had its own page. I hope this doesn't mess anybody up.

Please check the California area for details

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #35
Suzined
Suzined is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Frontier Airlines is Friendly

Just got off the phone with Frontier's Customer Service. They will take Segways with NiMH batteries. So add Frontier to your list of Good Guy Airlines.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #36
bud01234
bud01234 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default is this thread dead?

None of the links work, so shouldn't it be removed?
bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #37
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
None of the links work, so shouldn't it be removed?
It's as dead as it can be. My wiki was getting a lot of spam. Until we find something better, I suggest you use the map with it's features on the Segway Social website.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #38
C3RS
C3RS is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

a better link for the first post can be this... http://www.frappr.com/segwayowners

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Segway i2 (White) - 4500 kms - batteries dead after 1,5 years.
C3RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #39
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up This is a great SegwayChat Member's Project

To get this information current and posted on this site using the other tools on the net.

If anyone is interested in helping, pm me on this site.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #40
PaulDV
PaulDV is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I'd be willing to help resurrect this feature, providing hosting and the web software.

If you guys are interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
Paul.
PaulDV is offline   Reply With Quote