SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #1
ksal
ksal

5 yr Member
Default Calder Racecourse is Segway friendly

After having to send several e-mails to the General Manager at Gulfstream Park to get permission to use my Segway (after having been told that only mobility devices with three or four wheels were allowed and being turned away), I expected the same treatment at Calder, but, to my surprise, despite the fact they didn't respond to either of my e-mail requests, I was allowed in today. The are owned by the same company that owns Churchill Downs, Arlington Park, Hollywood Park, Kentucky Downs and Ellis Park. Gulfstream is owned by Magna, which also owns Santa Anita Park, Pimlico Race Course, Laurel Park, Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie, Golden Gate Fields, Bay Meadows, Thistledown, Remington Park, Portland Meadows and Great Lakes Downs. In addition to these thoroughbred racetracks, MEC owns two standardbred tracks, The Meadows, in Pennsylvania, and Flamboro Downs in Hamilton, Ontario, and operates Multnomah Greyhound Park, a greyhound track in Oregon. In addition, MEC has recently opened Magna Racinoâ„¢ in Austria, a racetrack which runs both thoroughbred and standardbred meets.

Kathryn A Salmanson
ksal is offline   Reply With Quote