SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #51
mondaylover
mondaylover is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway - Belfast, Northern Ireland

Yes Belfast's first Segway has been let lose. Our very first Segway arrived Wednesday 25th June. Since then it's been involved in minor injury involving 4 stiches - more fool me for not checking charge on the thing; been at a wedding, to BNI (Business Networking International) last Thursday and tonight was at a B4b (Business for Business) networking event were over 40 people had a go on our Segway GT. This included Lawrie Sanchez the Northern Ireland Football Coach. Following that we took it for a tour around the inside of a big shopping / cinema complex before being approached by security and asked to leave although they liked it!

Taking it Dublin tomorrow to show some clients. Tonight one guy told us he wants to buy one, one lady from Chamber Commerce saw applications for it in her town in terms of tours and another chap who is building a golf resort was very interested in the machine! Can't wait to take this back out into a crowd again - fantastic PR.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:39 AM   #52
seanob
seanob is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default I180 Los Angeles

Unplugged my segway after the LONG first charge wait today. Headed out to run some errands (bank, post office) then just kept going. 14 miles. I saw things I've been driving by for years that I never noticed. Looking forward to many more good times on the new magic carpet
Old 06-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #53
mondaylover
mondaylover is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Belfast - Northern Ireland

Hi

Absolutely addicted to our new Segway GT. Can't believe that more people haven't tried this. The reactions you get from gliding along on this thing are amazing. Perfect promotional tool for a business or just great fun and practical for getting around - love it!

We've started offering Segway trial lessons and tours in Belfast, Northern Ireland through our website http://www.ilovemondays.net. If anyone from ROI or Northern Ireland is reading this thread or is thinking of visiting Ireland and is a Segway fan please get in touch.

Our direct line is 0044 (0) 2890 693413. Please ask to speak to Dean Langasco. You can also contact by e-mail to dean@ilovemondays.net

Would love to meet fellow Segway owners or operators in Ireland. Drop me a line if you're a Segway owner living or visiting anywhere in Ireland.

I also recommend visiting http://www.barcelonaglides.com to go on a Barcelona Segway Tour with Edgar. Brilliant company in beautiful city. Was on tour last week there and best money I've ever spent on a tour I think. Great way to see the city and Edgar knows his stuff about Barcelona. Book a tour now!

See you soon hopefully

Dean
Old 06-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #54
hailseeszer
hailseeszer is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

[*] Hailseeszer / Tacoma, WA [i] 06/26/2006
[/quote] I have limited mobility due to RSD brought on by extensive nerve damage sustained from being savagely attacked by two Rhottweilers in 1999. I used to run up to 12 miles a day, but now I have trouble standing or walking any sort of distances. I'm hoping the Segway helps give me back some of my past mobility.

Last edited by pam; 06-23-2006 at 10:11 PM..
Old 06-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #55
JDavis
JDavis is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Here's a new glider from sunny California's Inland Empire. Lake Elsinore to be exact. I've purchased an i170 and enjoying it everyday. Soon I'll post here some pictures of my unique usage of Segway.

So, hello everyone!

Jim Davis
Old 06-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #56
srjones12
srjones12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway photo diary

I've had my i180 for almost a year now here in Chicago and try to get out as much as the weather permits here. I started taking pictures during my travels and set up a journal of sorts on this TechLore site.

You can find and comment on my thread at:

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/11726/

(I bought mine at a Segway shop in nearby La Grange, not sure what the Amazon reference is, sorry)

-srjones12
Old 07-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #57
Tennsegway
Tennsegway is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default North East Tennessee (TennSegway)

I picked my i-180 Segway a little over a week ago from my dealer. I got the Commuter package, plus a 25.0 bag. Love it so far. My longest glide so far has been 10 miles round trip. Plan on riding it tomorrow in the 4th of July parade. Hope to get another one soon for my wife.

Does anyone else in the Tri-Cities own a Segway. Would love to find other owners nearby.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #58
Eric VonSlider
Eric VonSlider is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Eric VonSlider / Westminster, CA

I bought my i180 about a week ago and didn't get off of it except to sleep for the first couple days. I walk pretty slow with a permanent bad ankle, but I can go just about anywhere to see and do things and cover so much distance in so little time. It's now a great pleasure glide out and about. Being a Realtor I can also now cover my entire farming area and do my marketing (about 350 homes) in just about 3 hours. People stop me everywhere I go to ask about it. I tell them I think it's alien technology. Segway should be paying us for the marketing ...or maybe 10% towards the purchase of our next one with each referral (what a dreamer). Well worth the purchase though! Looking forward to a glide with SEGOC when it comes up too.

A day without my Segway is like a day without sunshine.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #59
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Post Questions and feelings.....

My opinion is that it is easier to get europeans out of there cars and onto segways than in the USA. So why is segway not making it easier to market in the EU? I have been told by an importer in Europe that Segway inc only gives them 90 days warranty outside of the USA, but as is standard in the EU they are forced to offer 2 years warranty on any product sold. The dealers and importers pick up the warranty after the 90 days! This attributes to the 7625$ price tag on average across Europe for an i series. I also think that the EU should have a warranty policy as with all other vehicles. The warranty here is localised to the city that you purchased it in meaning that if you move its better to sell your segway and purchase another when you arrive!!! Come on Segway inc., Sort out your stratergy for Segways in Europe and i believe that you will treble your sales.
Note: The spanish importer was branded international dealer of the year recently in Boston (im sure due to sales and not customer support) due largely to the fact that Spain now boasts by far the most segway tours/glides of any country in Europe (23 operational and another 12 starting-up). You would think that the importer would be proud of this and update his website to show how popular segways are becoming here, but no he only boasts 16 http://www.segwayspain.com/segwaytour.html

Come on Segway spain reply to your emails, improve your customers support (stop placing the blame on Segway inc.) and lets promote segways as best possible. As tours are the most visable give them a link and stay updated.....

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #60
BrianG
BrianG is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default i180 in Portland Or.

Picked up my red 180 about 2 weeks ago. It's my alternate commuter (My old Cannondale is the other car). 10 miles a day, Great gas milage, so far so good. Lessons I have learned. 1. Lots of people think it's very cool until they hear the price. 2. It will crash when the wheels come to an abrupt stop!. 3. Train tracks are verrrry tricky. 4. Watch out for little kids. 5. That 12.0 handlebar bag is a big sail out front, not a good option for cruising. 6. And my wife thinks I'm an Idiot for buying it!
It's a very cool machine. I'm going to put a lot of miles on this thing.
Closed Thread