SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #131
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Done the deed!

Hi all,

Thanks for the opportunity to trawl this site and add a few posts before buying.

Took delivery this afternoon of my black i2 and, despite being prised away from it a few times, have now got my first 10 miles under my belt.

Big grin doesn't begin to explain it

Just a couple of notes that affect other threads:
1) 2nd InfoKey is now shipped with the device, not posted out after registration;
2) Power socket cover is now spring-loaded and the console trim has been slightly modified to stay in place better.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #132
Llarry
Llarry is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default 2nd hand Segway in Arizona...

Hey folks,

Bought a used i167 on eBay over the Memorial Day weekend from South Bay Segway in CA. Got it June 4 and have started using it a little. Started looking for one after trying it out on a tour in San Antonio in early May at the AIA (Architects) Convention (wife is architect). It was a lot of fun, and I started thinking that I could *maybe* justify getting one for fun and short errands. Started looking on eBay and got lucky, fast...

So far I've run up to the game store on it, and also run out for takeaway dinner, which will likely be a most-weeks thing. This past Monday, I loaded it in the back of the car (compact SUV) and used it to go to lunch. I'll do that again, but maybe not until it gets cooler in the fall...

I've taught a couple of friends and my father-in-law to glide, though I don't know if any of them will ever get one.

Found this place about a week ago, and lurked a few times, and since you people seem to generally be "mostly harmless" I've joined up. I've already learned some useful things about "care and feeding".

"I don't know who decided that a good way to sell products and services would be to shove unwanted software onto people's computers surreptitiously, but on the off chance those people are reading this, hey, best of luck with that eternal damnation thing..." -- Joe Sheehan
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #133
SegwayJay
SegwayJay is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

July 5, 2007
Hamilton, Massachusetts

Hello all...

I actually bought my i2 in april, but only recently found, and joined, this great Segway group. Hamilton is a small residential town about 20 miles north of Boston. There are no other Segways in town, so mine draws A LOT of attention. Coming up to crosswalks is like parting the Red Sea. All cars and trucks stop to let me pass because they want to see the Segway in action. And, of course, it's a real conversation magnet. So much so that I have begun a promotion I call:

THE GREAT SEGWAY GIVEAWAY!

I'm a real estate broker and I am offering a free Segway to sellers who list their homes for sale with me. Hard to believe? Check it out at...

List With Jay For A Free Segway

Until I give the first one away, I am having a blast promoting the giveaway and simply gliding around town.

Best regards,

Jay Burnham
Coldwell Banker
North Shore, Massachusetts
northshorerealestate.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SegwayJay; 07-05-2007 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-07-2007, 10:12 PM   #134
Bravo
Bravo

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking Back again

Just got a new black i2 commuter package to replace my 180. As it happened, the 180 that I bought in December 2005 through a pawn shop on eBay was actually stolen. (I know, big shock)

Anyway, I lost my keys and when I called for new ones, it triggered the whole thing about the stolen Segway. The police came calling a week or so ago, asking for my 180, which I obviously turned over. The pawn shop was very accommodating, and provided me a full refund with no hassle at all. I used that refund plus a little to upgrade to the new i2. And this time, it's got a clear title.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #135
tlk
tlk is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Cambridge, MA

I just picked up a black I2 from the Springfield, MA dealer. I'm using it to commute from Cambridge to Burlington. It's about ten miles each way, with only a couple of trouble spots. Unfortunately, one of the towns I go through (Woburn) has passed ordinances stopping me from riding on the sidewalk, and state law prohibits me from roadways with a speed limit over 35mph, so the trip is about a mile+ longer than it needs to be to get around one small stretch of US-3. I'd prefer to take it on the Minuteman Rail Trail through Arlington and Lexington, but I can't get anyone at the state level to make an clarification/exception to the "No motor vehicles" rule that, according to the Arlington police, the Segway would be considered to be.

Any word on what happened to SegwayBoston.org? Most of their links are broken and it looks like it's been at least two years since an update.

Later,
TLK
Old 07-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #136
scottfromtampa
scottfromtampa is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Two i2's

Just picked up two i2's for my wife and I. Got from Jack at Clearwater, FL - Segway....great to finally have them!!!!!

Scottfromtampa
Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #137
stevepierce
stevepierce is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Gliding in Ypsilanti, Michigan

Got my two used black I2's off Ebay. Gertrude and Eleanor. They were more used than described and they are missing the power plug covers. But the price was good so it is hard to complain to much. But hey pre-scratched, I don't have to worry as much if Gertie gallops away.

First ride was a blast. I rode for about three hours. Legs were definitely sore the next morning. My bride is currently in Iraq so I am really looking forward to her coming home so we can glide together.

Already trained two other people so I can see there being a lot more demo'ing over the coming months as lots of folks will want to try.

Cheers!

Steve
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #138
GlidingAlan
GlidingAlan is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking New e167 owner and member

Hi all,

I'm a new owner of 2 used e167's I bought for my daughter and I to tool around on. Of course my wife took a glide with me and now I wish I bought 3 . I'm a rider from early on, 2002, and went through the train-the-trainer training at the Segway facility, toured the factory and even rode the 1/4 pipe at their test facility. You guys probably are not going to believe this but I also drove Dean from the airport to a Hotel in Binghamton NY, had a beer with him and then the next day had the pleasure of flying in his jet plane from Binghamton to Ithaca. This was no ordinary plane flight, I sat in the co-pilot seat while Dean flew the plane. If I recall we climbed to 8,000 feet and then almost immediately descended and landed, took us 8 minutes and he said it would have been 6 if we didn't have to circle to bleed off speed. It was a great experience! Anyway I'm happy to finally personally own this great product and be part of your community.

Thanks,
GlidingAlan
Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #139
Theo
Theo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlk View Post
I just picked up a black I2 from the Springfield, MA dealer...
TLK
TLK,

Have talked to that dealer myself (I'm in Western MA). Would you mind sending me a PM with your impressions of the experience?

TIA,

Theo
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 AM   #140
PTB
PTB is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking New Segway Owner

Hi guys (generically speaking),

My name is Peter, I live in Sydney Australia, I'm a pharmaceutical rep and a glider pilot. Oh yeah, also a polio victim, 50 metres is a long walk!

Just bought the i2 Commuter package and starting to plan exploring the old cities of Europe.
Closed Thread